traktor dj studio using emu 0404 soundcard

- ask away
thomasdanger
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

traktor dj studio using emu 0404 soundcard

Post by thomasdanger »

hi,

i desperately need som help, i cant get the right settings in traktor and one the emu PatchMix DSP Application.

the problem is that i does not get the cue function to work, so i get the channel that im gonna mix in. i just hear the channel that is running on the speakers. please anyone that know something.

thansk!
_concept_
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by _concept_ »

Maybe I can help you - I have E-Mu 1212M...
Just need to know how do you picture this cueing, which physical output will be the mix output, and which cue output...
thomasdanger
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thomasdanger »

_concept_ wrote:Maybe I can help you - I have E-Mu 1212M...
Just need to know how do you picture this cueing, which physical output will be the mix output, and which cue output...
lets say i have one track running on deck a, and i want to listen thrue som tracks on deck b to find a track to mix in. but the sound that i get on my headsett is the same as on the speakers. does this help?

or is there any settings i should configure on the PatchMix DSP Application?
is there any settings that i can load and get the right settings?
_concept_
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by _concept_ »

thomasdanger wrote: lets say i have one track running on deck a, and i want to listen thrue som tracks on deck b to find a track to mix in. but the sound that i get on my headsett is the same as on the speakers. does this help?
I know what cueing is... :) I wanted to know which physical output will you use for that - i.e. Right Analog ouput will be Mix, and Left Analog for headset... You can also use SPDIF and optical outputs but they require studio mixers to be used completly...
thomasdanger wrote: or is there any settings i should configure on the PatchMix DSP Application?
is there any settings that i can load and get the right settings?

OK, I will try to explain... We will go with that - Right Analog is Mix, Left Analog is for headset - althouh the channels will be mono... Consider that my card is 1212M, and some things may be different...

Create new Patchmix session (that button with blank paper in the right top corner) and choose Product Default on 44k/48k tab...
Now there will be Wave L/R, ASIO out 31/32 and Input strips (Wave L, R, ADAT, SPDIF) which we don't need...

Now create another ASIO out strip by clicking star-like button in top left corner... You can choose it's name - go descending - next available should be 29/30 (at least it is on 1212M)...
Go to the output tab (click on channel strip, and click on Outputs tab in the right top corner) to be sure that it's set on I/O card Out 1/2... If it/s not - simply click in the green square in front of that...

Now go to Traktors settings (following is for ver. 2.53 - but I doubt that it's much different in other versions)...
On Audio tab in Master Left (Mono) field choose ASIO 31/32 - there will be two of these (L and R) but you can choose any...
In Monitor Left (Mono) field choose ASIO 29/30 - again any of two...

Go to Patchmix again and in ASIO 31/32 pan L and R to the right - choose those two knobs in the middle and drag them to Right (90)...
Now all ASIO 31/32 sound will be directed to Right Analog ouptut - this will maximize it's sound so be careful not to clip things - use fader in the bottom...
In the ASIO 29/30 do the opposite thing - pan both channels to Left (-90)...

It should do the thing - if you connect speakers in the Right Analog and headphones in Left Analog - sound shouldn't be the same...
Simply test it by putting two tracks in Traktor and playing with crossfader and cue buttons...

If you have aditional gear you can experiment in Outputs tab by routing ASIOs to the outputs - now you don't need to pan things 'coz every channel will have it's own stereo channel... And also in Traktor settings you need to use both field with different assigned outputs...

If you don't understand something - ask...
Again - I'm not sufe are things the same on 0404, but I hope this helped...
thomasdanger
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thomasdanger »

thanks!

i will go home and go thrue the steps you have written down.
thanks for taking the time to help me.

i will let you know if it worked!

peace ! :D
thomasdanger
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thomasdanger »

yes this worked!

thanks 8)