analog drum machines

- ask away
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

analog drum machines

Post by robert lowell »

i have grown completly sick of making my drum hits from vsts. i am looking into getting some gear to add to the studio. i know the big players and i have the opportunity to test out a jomox xbase09 - 909 clone. any gearheads out there that would like to help me with my investment?
VIVIANNEPROJECTS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by VIVIANNEPROJECTS »

Have you tried microtonic? Another VST Its pretty cool, fairly simple noise/ synth...works well with Live (automation) Set up like a 16 step sequencer. Good for strange perc sounds... its swedish and sexy
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by g »

definitely check out the machinedrum
http://www.machinedrum.com/
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: analog drum machines

Post by dsat »

robert lowell wrote:i have grown completly sick of making my drum hits from vsts. i am looking into getting some gear to add to the studio. i know the big players and i have the opportunity to test out a jomox xbase09 - 909 clone. any gearheads out there that would like to help me with my investment?
from what i heard, the xbase sucks big time... but don't take my word for it
have a listen first
if you have the chance of buying the real thing, (at a reasonable price, pls do so), if not, check out the mc series of roland, you can find the original sounds in there, maybe not like the real 909/808 perhaps, but it's still the closest thing, keep in mind though that analog drum machines are limited compared to the possibilities on vst... but yes, it's nice to push a real button and turn a real knob
Militikie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Militikie »

g wrote:definitely check out the machinedrum
http://www.machinedrum.com/
elektron machinedrum rules, kicks ass, makes my life complete. :D
nice sounding drum machine, very user friendly. abbility to make everything from freaky sounds to pounding beats.

downpoint> it breaksdown easily , so if you`re planning for using it in a live setup, get yourself a nice flightcase!! :wink:
eklar
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by eklar »

<<<downpoint> it breaksdown easily , so if you`re planning for using it in a live setup, get yourself a nice flightcase!!>>>>

that sucks.

could you be more specific about it breaking down?
just curious, as it looks like a work horse!
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: analog drum machines

Post by g »

dsat wrote:from what i heard, the xbase sucks big time...
i wouldn't say it sucks. it sounds wonderful. but the limited polyphony (despite their interesting sequencer workaround for it) is a bummer. and that + the pricepoint makes the airbase a much better option if you're ok with sequencing elsewhere.

i still wouldn't buy either, anymore.
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by g »

eklar wrote:<<<downpoint> it breaksdown easily , so if you`re planning for using it in a live setup, get yourself a nice flightcase!!>>>>

that sucks.

could you be more specific about it breaking down?
just curious, as it looks like a work horse!
never heard of it breaking down & i've seen it in some huge PAs... fwiw