analog drum machines

- ask away
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

i will have to check out that microtonic vst... i've been using the jomox for a few days... you can really get some nice and interesting sounds out of it. the bass drum is really all i was interested in and you can create a variety of sounds with ease... heres a 2 min demo i did last night. http://www.myspace.com/robertlowell its a bit hard to work with. but i've never touched a piece of gear in my life, i think its messed up though, it does some funny things and freaks out. the guy that ownes this also has a machine drum so maybe i can get him to let me try that out as well, his only complaint was it sounded too digital. I will most likey just end up dropping my dough on small keyboard midi control.
rkampschoer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rkampschoer »

Get a TR909 (for the 909 sound) or a Machinedrum (brilliant machine), but preferably both, as the Machinedrum doesn't have the TR909's sounds.

Nothing else compares to those two...

:)
www.robinkampschoer.com
sometimes, less is more...
r.crosson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

analog drum machines

Post by r.crosson »

robert, that microtonic drum machine is excellent! If I used a PC I would definitely have it in my software arsenal!
r.crosson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

analog drum machine

Post by r.crosson »

whoops!!! turns out in January they announced that Microtonic is now available for OSX....I'll be picking it up today :D
Euterke
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Euterke »

rkampschoer wrote:Get a TR909 (for the 909 sound) or a Machinedrum (brilliant machine), but preferably both, as the Machinedrum doesn't have the TR909's sounds.

Nothing else compares to those two...

I can make my machinedrum close like hell to a tr-909 or a tr-808, just have to twik it, cauz the preset doesn't give it.
.:: : .зцtзякз. : ::.
.:: : .Check My Space. : ::.
rkampschoer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rkampschoer »

True, but close like hell is not the same.
The machinedrum just doesn't have some of the caracteristics of the 909.
I'm not saying that the 909 is better (in fact I think nowdays the Machinedrum is a better machine, as the 909 has only 11 sounds and limited parameters), it's just different.
That's all...
(or maybe I just go too much into details here :oops: )

www.robinkampschoer.com
sometimes, less is more...