- ask away
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

unfields01(free field recordings) fidget - raw philly sounds

Post by cyhl »

march 15 2005

unfields01: fidget - raw philly sounds

welcome to the first installation of the unfields series! the unfoundsound website's new addition offers a palette of downloadable field recordings at no cost. you are free to use these samples (under the terms described in this licence) to further your own sound experimentation and music production. the unfields are audio snapshots of the world that surrounds us, taken from the subjective point of view of the artist who recorded them. they are provided as is, without any processing, along with the inevitable imperfections which are inherent during this kind of recording procedure. the recordings are complemented by a series of pictures and a short text written by the author that illustrate the circumstances of the recording. please feel free to submit tracks created from the unfields for a possible release on foundsound or unfoundsound.

unfields01 is brought to you by fidget (erin anderson), an experimental electronic musician, a philadelphia dj, one-half of flowchart alongside sean o'neal, and most importantly a found sounds/field recordings junkie. her gathering of field recordings took place in foundsound's hometown of philadelphia. read on the site and take in what she has to say about it. note the track "beastification" from fusiphorm's unfound05 ep was constructed entirely with sounds extracted from unfields01.

go directly to the download page: http://unfoundsoundrecords.com/unfields/
Last edited by cyhl on Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

hey all!

after the official announcement, i have to admit i was glad to see the interest in field recordings (from a previous thread) because we were working on launching this.... now, we really hope that tons of people will use them........ you're free to do whatever you want with them, as long as it's not commercial and you give credit to the author........ but of course, we hope too that producers will use these to make tracks and submit them to us! we're planning to do a release with the best tracks at some point, but there's no deadline or anything :) all this is totally freeform, mostly to have fun! I had a lot of fun using these sounds to make one of my tracks, it's a really rich set of sounds... and finally, if you are doing field recordings yourself, and have a good set of recordings with an interesting context, let us know!!!!!!!

hope you'll enjoy...
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

dld during the day + the whole FS catalogue.

awesome thinking for the fields.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

snags

thanx!
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

umm...this one sounds okay,although it could be better than it is...better in diversity.
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

plaster wrote:umm...this one sounds okay,although it could be better than it is...better in diversity.
yes, daniel, I agree with this... to be fair, we're not looking to "optimize" the provided recordings so that they will be "the most diverse" for example; we could have maybe removed a few of these, and it will have been shorter, but without you feeling that there's repetition in them;

instead, we give the freedom to the recording artist to provide whatever he/she wants, to best reflect his/her mood/feelings at the moment of the recording...

and I think unfields01 is rich enough in sounds that you can use and re-use the sounds found in there for a long time!!!!!!!
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

cyhl wrote:
plaster wrote:umm...this one sounds okay,although it could be better than it is...better in diversity.
yes, daniel, I agree with this... to be fair, we're not looking to "optimize" the provided recordings so that they will be "the most diverse" for example; we could have maybe removed a few of these, and it will have been shorter, but without you feeling that there's repetition in them;

instead, we give the freedom to the recording artist to provide whatever he/she wants, to best reflect his/her mood/feelings at the moment of the recording...

and I think unfields01 is rich enough in sounds that you can use and re-use the sounds found in there for a long time!!!!!!!

sure sure...i haven't had the chance to rex the files and see how much can be used.
i didn't mean nothing bad with what i said....just creative criticism.
Dominic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

subject:

Post by Dominic »

the guitar player sounds great!
can't wait to chop it up/
iku iku