suggestions on basslines

- ask away
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

i have the moog modular system and use reason extensively, however i haeve migrated away from the synths in reason toward Vsts. i think i actually have narrowed it down to a nord lead or the korg legacy, does anyone have either and can anyone tell what they think of both.

thanks
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

just was introduced to the korg legecy.... I think it stands out as one of the better plugins to use. very nice stand alone... rich warm sounds, heavy multi layering, extended sound libraries ect...

Roland JP8000 has 43 knobs/adjustments to be exact.

micro korg lower end / synth but I enjoy the sounds.

* used nord lead 2 @ Guitar Center in Southfield for like $890 at the moment...
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

werd
Joseph_Hague
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Joseph_Hague »

adam wrote:Let's not forget Reason...

Maelstroms are amazing for creating unique basslines.

The sound I think you are looking for, you might want to just experiment a little, but try playing with various delays and things in conjunction with a maelstrom.
Most of the time, the Subtractor will do the job fine. Adding some little distortion and EQ from the Scream can make some really phat basslines.
[]am
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by []am »

there is also a small plugin called tbl bassline, which is not expensive and sounds good. it is only monophonic, so you don't have tons of possibilities, you will get mostly 303 sounds with it...
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Joseph_Hague wrote:
adam wrote:Let's not forget Reason...

Maelstroms are amazing for creating unique basslines.

The sound I think you are looking for, you might want to just experiment a little, but try playing with various delays and things in conjunction with a maelstrom.
Most of the time, the Subtractor will do the job fine. Adding some little distortion and EQ from the Scream can make some really phat basslines.

Agreed, but the maelstrum has some great strengths in terms of the modulation... both units are great.. hell, combine 'em now :)