Tascam US-122

- ask away
mimusic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Tascam US-122

Post by mimusic »

I've seen this nice little box in the shop today for 240 Euro's and I'm thinking of buying it. Looking on the net I found mostely positive reviews, but also a webpage where almost everybody is complaining about the installation and hangups and the bad service and stuff. So now I'm doubting...
Is there somebody with some real experience on this one???

The problem that I would like to overcome with this machine is that I make my songs in Reason but I also have a Korg ES-1 drum machine and I want to integrate it into my songs which I can not do easely in Reason.
Now I saw that this US-122 comes with Cubase LE... So I thought to record the drumloops with the US-122 into Cubase and rewire Reason to Cubase to add the synths and stuff to the drums...

What do you think?

Cheers,

mimusic

PS: I run Reason on my laptop with Windows XP
mimusic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

I bought it

Post by mimusic »

So... I bought it, and it works better than I ever expected!

Finally I can integrate recordings with Cubase (which came with the Tascam) with Reason Rewired to Cubase. I can clock my drum machine with Cubase so the recording is in sync with the rest...

A new world opens up before me.

Cheers,

-mimusic
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

congrats
sqook
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sqook »

I had one for a couple weeks; it worked like sh!t with my ibook and I returned it and eventually ended up getting a presonus firebox. Buggy drivers, crackly audio output at high loads, etc. IMO, there's much better USB devices for the money out there... Glad to see that it's working for you, though. Maybe I just got a lemon. =/

Plus, this sound card is freakin' huge...