resonators

- ask away
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

jesse...i could say that albeton is very easy to learn,but i only used it when we had to do the mnml project.
i mainly use nuendo for processing and reason for making track structure.

the thing is that i had a hard time making those kind of chords and i absolutely love the idea of making another project with purely minimal tracks and those chords.
i also found out that if you rewire reason and ableton just with the intention of efx the channel with ableton's resonator it doesn't give good results.
i mean...i had the piano on reason's sampler efected with the resonator,but i constantly get the sound mixed with the original carrier...the dry/wet function is a bit shitty with sounds like piano,303 or any other.
yet,when you load a loop to ableton and efx it with the resonator you actually get the wet chord like it should be....kinda weird!
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

jpls wrote:You can run reason as a rewire slave to Ableton. When operating like this, you can do all of the sequencing for Reason inside of Reason.

To the others who posted, why do you have apprehension regarding using Ableton Live? I ask since I use it almost solely..and love it. I am very curious to hear the approach of others.

i guess you could gimme an answer to my previous post! :wink:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

qubism wrote:thanks for the link plaster. i gonna check it out.
i been using different techniques to achive what i guess i gonna get from these plugins.

yea,i was experimenting with synths in reason,but i didn't manage to get the same sound deepchord has.

i also noticed today that if you use an thick (percussion) and punching sound the resonator brings really nice sounds.
but i still need some tips or maybe a patch from someone who mastered this kind of sound.
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jpls »

plaster wrote:
jpls wrote:You can run reason as a rewire slave to Ableton. When operating like this, you can do all of the sequencing for Reason inside of Reason.

To the others who posted, why do you have apprehension regarding using Ableton Live? I ask since I use it almost solely..and love it. I am very curious to hear the approach of others.

i guess you could gimme an answer to my previous post! :wink:

umm...to why you are having problems with the wet/dry balance? I would have to look at the respective files to determine this. Was the resonator on a send or as an insert?
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

the resonator was on an insert channel,but i noticed if you use percussions the sound get's like maurizio has.but it's not quite that.