for those that play out mp3 releases....

- ask away
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

Rane Serato Scratch is also pretty popular these days. It definitely is better than Final Scratch 1.0-1.5 (stability, sound quality, response), but I don't know how it compares against FS2, which is working great for me.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

vynil
and nothing else at the moment

I just don't like the sound of FS
it's so thin and it really makes a big difference if you're playing at parties with a decent sound system

it just lacks that fullness
or you'd have to play wave files, but your computer will be crammed in no time, so you might as well bring your records...

so no FS for me, I'd prefer playing cds
Surgi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Surgi »

The purpose is to play in wav bacause that is the best quality. Mp3 in fs sounds very terrible...
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

yo guys :wink: I will move this topic in production section, so we can continue there......
multum in parvo
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

moved from livesets :!: :!:
multum in parvo
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gooner »

brianc wrote:I use FS almost exculsively, and I'm really glad I got it considering all of the quality netlabel stuff out there. It's been kind of a rough road with FS, but FS2 seems to have taken care of most of the problems I've had.
that's good news to my ears - am replacing my stolen FS1 with FS2 very soon....
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

what's FS?

i prefer vinyl over cd's,but then again we have netlabels,so cdr's come in play when the club has cd players.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

plaster wrote:what's FS?

i prefer vinyl over cd's,but then again we have netlabels,so cdr's come in play when the club has cd players.
FS is Final Scratch (http://www.finalscratch.com), Stanton's and Native Instruments' (and the first big) system for using vinyl to control software that plays tracks in digital format, like mp3 or wav. The big benefit is that you're still using vinyl. Richie Hawtin, John Acquaviva, and Magda, are all early adapters, although Richie seems to use it less than the others when I've seen them.

I've been using it since 1.0, and it's great to be able to drop in netlabel tracks or unreleased tracks. There have been a lot of issues with it, though. Some of the more big name DJs actually send in their laptops to Native Instruments to be tuned so that they work well. Fortunately, though, the newest version seems to have fixed a lot of the problems, and it's working very well for me at least.