for those that play out mp3 releases....

- ask away
daemon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daemon »

plaster wrote:what's FS?

i prefer vinyl over cd's,but then again we have netlabels,so cdr's come in play when the club has cd players.
look in this topic http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=789 :wink:
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

It's all about what you feed it folks. Final Scratch is capable of sounding AMAZING... just make sure you have a stable computer and good quality MP3's (wav or aiff is better though if you can afford the hd space). Bad response and sound quality can sometimes have to do with both your computer and or it's sound card not being up to par.

Net label releases work well with final scratch... of course better quality MP3's mean better results (we're releasing 320kbps mp3's only on year of the machine with FS users in mind). CD-R units are fun too in a different way.. I used to DJ exclusively on them because I liked to make extensive use of functions like looping and having the ability to more or less construct remixes in real-time. FS 2 and it's new abilities look nice though.
mattenglund
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mattenglund »

brianc wrote:Rane Serato Scratch is also pretty popular these days. It definitely is better than Final Scratch 1.0-1.5 (stability, sound quality, response), but I don't know how it compares against FS2, which is working great for me.
I used Serato at AES in L.A about 2 years ago and was extremely impressed!!

Matt
You're staring at a piece of furniture!
People on TV are not your friends. They're not in the room with you. You are alone in the dark, staring at a plastic box.