Mikael Stavöstrand

emoke
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Mikael Stavöstrand

Post by emoke »

I don't think there was a topic about him, but daaaarn, this German freaks me oooooooooout!

Stavöstrand, the founder of Mitek, has been featured as a key figure of the Swedish electronic music scene for his unique interpretations of club techno as well as for producing some of the most essential experimental electronic music of the past year. Over the past years has he performed in North America, Europe and Japan.

Stavöstrand mixes deconstructed sounds with funky little beats to create minimal dance textures. On his debut album on Force Inc., "Reduce", swarms of glitches, crackles and skips infiltrate the 4/4 drive formula of minimal techno. As Vita, his "Vita" 12" on Force Inc. imprint Force Labs was to meet critical praise and became one of the best selling releases with its digitalized organic groove.

(from textone.org)

I've just got his Formula EP...
Is there any other things that I need to know about him? Any upcoming hot orgasmic tunes?
He's just tooooo gooood to stop! :o
I own all of your candies!
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

emoke wrote:I don't think there was a topic about him, but daaaarn, this German freaks me oooooooooout!
this german? :D
Stavöstrand, the founder of Mitek, has been featured as a key figure of the Swedish electronic music scene...

really nice artist anyway, didn't feel his latest on DSP however which was released some month(s) ago. but I agree, formula is a very good one!
emoke
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by emoke »

^ sorry, German was a typo :lol: I was thinking about something/someone German/related when i made the topic :P :x
I own all of your candies!
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

the release on dsp rules... and his work on contexterrior also.
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

'gameover' wrote:the release on dsp rules... and his work on contexterrior also.
didn't feel the DSP one, it didn't get to me. however - the contexterrior one is great and how about the one on klitekture? my favouite I think...
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

He has a remix on the new Ein(takt) record thats worth checking out!! Strong material from this insane artist! He did something on Onitor records a lil ways back with Skugge that was incredible too.
Last edited by Coog on Tue May 09, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adjunct
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by adjunct »

hey folks

Mikaels new EP on Adjunct - "Compliments" - will be out this month! and is one of my faves that hes ever done. (although I love it all!)

Also in months to come, a colaboration between myself ([a]pendics) and Mikael - done in mikaels studio in Berlin durring my last tour. - new tracks for listen up soon at the adjunct myspace page.

mikael also started a new label called Sunset Diskos - lookout!
jorgeds
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jorgeds »

This guy's music is really special and subtle.

Big up!