Loco Dice !

spideresistance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spideresistance »

mcabromb wrote:
brln_ wrote:this section is about artists.

Martin Buttrich is the name of the artist behind the commercial name "Loco Dice".

so my comment is that Martin Buttrich is amazing.
I think Loco Dice's real name is Dice Corleone.
no this was a nickname from his hip-hop period.. he's of Tunisian origins and his real name is something difficult to remember. very long arabic name..
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Krul wrote:

Martin Buttrich is the name of the artist behind the commercial name "Loco Dice".

dude....I don't really get your point, are you saying that loco and martin are the same persons? cuz...

this is loco dice.

and this is martin buttrich.

Loco Dice used martin's studio in new york to record his album and probably got some help from him as well.... but Loco's style is very different from martins :P
No, Martin Buttrich makes the tracks for Loco Dice, just as he also makes the tracks for Timo Maas... and I think that's what Brln_ is also pointing at. Thought this was a well known fact...

Anyway, it doesn't matter, the tracks are wicked, don't like most tracks on 7Dunham Place tho', but the track "Pimp Jackson..." is amazing on the dancefloor!
troiton
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by troiton »

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature-read.aspx?id=910

buttrich interview. he talks about working on the tracks while loco dice is laying on the sofa exhausted...
chateaux
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by chateaux »

la esquina is my favourite track, i can really feel the NY influence on the entire album
jonasfromfr
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jonasfromfr »

very nice album :)

i love tight laces
konradsk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by konradsk »

Harissa is very nice, subtle. constant.
Seeing through shadows hit the spot also. Though some of his tracks I find truly cringeworthy material, the good ones are amongst my favourite all time and I can't think of many artists with that kind of mnml progressive sound so hats off to him. Of course there are other mnml progressive artists... but Loco's style is interesting especially on harissa (for me).
I only really liked 2 tracks from Dunham Place though...

On the mastering debate, I noticed his tracks are somewhat loose sounding (in comparison to other techno artists), and the masters haven't been boosted as much as they could have been, I'm not one for limiting the hell out of everything I believe in dynamics, but some more life could have been squeezed into some of the older stuff like harissa as some of the masters had peaks that could have been lightly compressed to bring the overall gain up a few db, maybe it was mastered for vinyl and it's just teh beatport/digital releases that have this?
Dunham place sounded pretty big engineering wise though.
For my personal use and mainly my mp3 player I actually did a little session on sticking the Harissa masters I got from beatport through a few ssl emulators and doing some minor compression to give them a bit more life...I felt dirty and wrong doing it :lol: