.:Pheek:.

pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

peter glitch and crackle wrote:pheek: i am sorry wasn't trying to be negative towards you! it was just how i feel about your music lately. i do really love many of your tracks of past. but maybe it is because i felt you had too many things coming out that was similar last year. i really love your blog though, and even though your music is geeky it is still geeky sex music.
lol lol :lol:
oh cool, i didn't know you enjoy my music! But seriously, i was not offended or pissed, because i really am in the same boat as you and can agree with you. If you check on Discogs, it just is silly.
2008 is going to be different. I'm working on a concept album for 2009 or 2010 (!). I'm really going to take my time. 8)
Thanks for the insight Peter.
WERKIT2DUH-BONE
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by WERKIT2DUH-BONE »

Pheek is a spandex freak! X
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

peter glitch and crackle wrote:i like the label and such, but i think his productions are sounding way too similar, and getting boring. maybe its just me, but his tracks are soo ultra geeky these days? just like someone playing with the effects on ableton a bit too much(no clue if he uses ableton, just guessing)
or maybe it is just he has way too much music being released?
I found the opposite to be true. I have really appreciated the development in Pheek's sound this year. The 3 track series of 'Mandragore', 'Perce-Neige' and 'De Begg Begg' is some of the best electronic music I have ever had the pleasure of being subjected to, and has really tested the boundaries of what can potentially be achieved with techno music. Physical storytelling of the highest order.

His liveset at the festival Freerotation was, for me, utterly magical, and I'm sure many other dancefloors had much the same experience.

Please don't curb your output Pheek. Keep em coming as and when!
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

oblioblioblio wrote:The 3 track series of 'Mandragore', 'Perce-Neige' and 'De Begg Begg' is some of the best electronic music I have ever had the pleasure of being subjected to, and has really tested the boundaries of what can potentially be achieved with techno music. Physical storytelling of the highest order.
I second that!
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Janice in Wonderland wrote:
oblioblioblio wrote:The 3 track series of 'Mandragore', 'Perce-Neige' and 'De Begg Begg' is some of the best electronic music I have ever had the pleasure of being subjected to, and has really tested the boundaries of what can potentially be achieved with techno music. Physical storytelling of the highest order.
I second that!
Good to read... One of the reason why i waited to release the last part was that I thought people didn't care much.
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

pheek wrote:
Good to read... One of the reason why i waited to release the last part was that I thought people didn't care much.
We do care! :D
Conceptual releases like yours are ALWAYS appreciated! Great respect and best wishes for you my dear pheek :)
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

pheek wrote:I work a lot in AudioMulch, MaxMsp, Reaktor, FL and assemble then in the end, in Ableton. Just get comfy in what seems the easiest to you. I think FL does a good job. :idea:

@Psytox: already played 4 times in Belgium. I'm playing in Lille in march, perhaps that can do?
ha, lille is closest to home for me (even though it's in france) so that's excellent news. Will keep an eye on your schedule and come to hear you play.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

pheek wrote:
peter glitch and crackle wrote:pheek: i am sorry wasn't trying to be negative towards you! it was just how i feel about your music lately. i do really love many of your tracks of past. but maybe it is because i felt you had too many things coming out that was similar last year. i really love your blog though, and even though your music is geeky it is still geeky sex music.
lol lol :lol:
oh cool, i didn't know you enjoy my music! But seriously, i was not offended or pissed, because i really am in the same boat as you and can agree with you. If you check on Discogs, it just is silly.
2008 is going to be different. I'm working on a concept album for 2009 or 2010 (!). I'm really going to take my time. 8)
Thanks for the insight Peter.
When people say concept-music it usually means abstract beats n sounds I enjoy listening to at home, but i would much much rather take them to a gig with me because I really like your I really like your "dancy" stuff, if thats the right word.. You know what I mean....uptempo :-)