Convextion

John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

\-L_-/ wrote:Convextion is Gerard Hanson
Convextion
12"/Matrix Records/1996
hard to think it was 96 when that came out.. one of my favorite records I own..
gillsans wrote:Convextion Crawling & Hungry (6:58)

Is a killer track from the groovetechnology comp.
man I forgot how ill his cuts are.. another one of my favorite tracks.. I put in my alone mix in 2005...
thomasjaldemark wrote:love the ep on downlow. frickking niice
ondes - on that release.. is redicilous

his music is - T I M E L E S S
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

convextion - live pa . faktion . manchester uk . 25.04.08

87.33 minutes | 256 kbps | 160.4 mb

Convextion

Profile: Gerard Hanson was born in 1972. He hails from the unlikely environments of Dallas, Texas USA. Little is known about this producer who seems to have Scandinavian roots. His productions have reflections with Basic Channel/Chain Reaction sound. His main inspirations are Juan Atkins and Derrick May. His music also has influences from Stefan Robbers, Red Planet and Carl Craig. He found a way where everything came together: Deepness, Minimalism and Soul, the Detroit-Berlin connection. In 1994 Gerard Hanson and Dan Kurzius started ‘Hardsync’, a Magazine dedicated to electronic music reviews and artist interviews. It has been defunct since 1996 as a result of a computer crash. Hard Sync was an outlet for several Texas-based electronic music enthusiasts to reach out to others around the world that shared similar musical interests. He released his first 12" in 1995. Ever since his debut 12" on Matrix in 1995. From 1995-1997, he released 5 ep’s, and then only 2 more in the next 6 years until 2005. The reason he produced so infrequently was because when his first releases came out, the tracks were licensed to some big releasers and he did not get paid for them. After that some other labels approached him but just wanted more of the same and didn't really seem to understand his sound. They just wanted more of the same sounds. After that he stopped releasing music and produced only for his personal usage. After a couple of years the label Down Low convinced him to pick up his producing again. He is very careful about sharing his music with the rest of the world. In the last decade he only used the aliases Convextion and E.R.P. (Event Related Potential). E.R.P is an electro-edged moniker. Gerard has remained willingly anonymous since his debut in 1995, but he came out of obscurity for a debut European Live performance in London in April 2006. Why he remains unknown is a mystery. In the future we will hear much more from this producer.

The meaning of the word Convection is: the internal movement of currents within fluids or gases.

discogs link: http://www.discogs.com/artist/Convextion
Last edited by John Clees on Sun May 25, 2008 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

his ep on downlow still is one of my favourite techno records!
loving his double pack as well
modelfruit
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by modelfruit »

look at how diligent mister clees is!

:wink:

his e.r.p. track alsoran renders
me completely weak in the knees.
stanley brown
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by stanley brown »

super amazing stuff!!!!!!!
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

That PA from Faktion is great, my mate hit me up with a link at the weekend.
Ciaran_
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ciaran_ »

thanks for the introduction... nice 8)
bubbleguuuum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bubbleguuuum »

Simply one of the most talented artist of current times! More than anything his stuff is timeless and I'm sure to appreciate it 20 years from now, which I cannot say for many trendy artists of today.

If you haven't done so do you a favor and listen to the live show posted above.