Ryan Crosson

Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Heard a couple of live PA's some years back but never any DJ mixes.

I loved some of his early releases but that sound got stale very quickly and represented the birth of that generic 'minimal' sound that blew up everywhere and eventually pissed everybody off.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Young Hungry Americans

Post by hydrogen »

Del wrote:Heard a couple of live PA's some years back but never any DJ mixes.

I loved some of his early releases but that sound got stale very quickly and represented the birth of that generic 'minimal' sound that blew up everywhere and eventually pissed everybody off.
I sort of agree... but these Crosson amongst his peers(Troxler, Curtiss, Giorgini, Reeves) are still evolving and moving ahead of the "scene". For sure caught that wave of the new birth but i think these guys are continually evolving in new ways and are keeping it fresh.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

Del wrote:I loved some of his early releases but that sound got stale very quickly and represented the birth of that generic 'minimal' sound that blew up everywhere and eventually pissed everybody off.
What do you mean? You trying to say moody techno is played out? That sh!t is hard to find these days. I don't think Ryan ever subdued to Beatport top 100 minimal. Elaborate please. To me generic minimal is the oingy boingy, ping pongy, bloopety bleepety with no feeling. I would never put Ryan in that category. I call Shennagans.
Last edited by Hutch on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

like this on the B side of Hurt by Dear and Troxler

Ryan Crosson - "Don't Look Further"

Nice groove to this 12" purchased.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I think we (Tic Tac Toe) were the first to release some of Ryan's stuff.
Check it here -> http://beatport.com/s/tqpgb
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Hutch wrote:
Del wrote:I loved some of his early releases but that sound got stale very quickly and represented the birth of that generic 'minimal' sound that blew up everywhere and eventually pissed everybody off.
What do you mean? You trying to say moody techno is played out? That sh!t is hard to find these days. I don't think Ryan ever subdued to Beatport top 100 minimal. Elaborate please. To me generic minimal is the oingy boingy, ping pongy, bloopety bleepety with no feeling. I would never put Ryan in that category. I call Shennagans.
I mean that when I heard his early releases I was into them. Releases such as on Trapez, Tic Tac Toe (As Patrick says) and a few net labels. Telegraph and Minus releases were not so good. I can then recall a wave of releases from other producers which sounded the same. By then I had lost interest.

I haven't checked out any releases from him in a while. I respect him as an artist for sure.