mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by prenzlauer »

I like Water, Water everywhere
james hill
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by james hill »

I love lots of his stuff on the Hidden Agenda label!
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Tony Rohr makes some killer techno. Him & Paul Birken both for that matter. His Side 3/4 stuff w/ Deitrich is good too. But I guess people here would know him most from Baile Conmigo on Macintosh... Which was later picked up & rereleased w/ remixes ToraToraTora.
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Tony Rohr is a very large truck plowing down a quiet oneway street in a 15mph zone. HEAVY!

Setting up shop in the beautiful borough of Brooklyn, Tony Rohr has had a steady output of atmospheric, yet dance floor friendly releases. Sometimes labeled "Voodoo Techno", his sound actually varies from release to release. Whether it is a tech-house classic like "Baile Conmigo", freaked out noise funk on the label Tonewrecker with Paul Birken, experimental chillout with group Carlito Verde, or a dubbed out techno stormer like "Yadda Yadda Yadda" his sound never quite gets pigeon holed.

DJing in the early 1990's his next step was that to producing in 1996 and then progressively to Live PAs in 1997.

In 2002 Tony's releases landed him on various mix compilations by Frankie Bones, Surgeon, Supa DJ Dimitri, and his biggest accomplishment Sven Vath & Richie Hawtin's compilation of Ibiza's "Sound of the Second Season".

Just recently in mid 2004, Tony joined the German based Cocoon family as one of their artists. "Dead Chewy" featured on the "D" compilation is still a favorite.

His releases appear on Macintosh, Hidden Agenda, Weave , Genau, Remains, Tonewrecker, and Cocoon but to name a few. With the release of his first artist album TONY ROHR LOVES YOU ALL in spring 2006 (Weave), Tony shows no sign of slowing down.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
Sluvsheple
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Sluvsheple »

nice to read that
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

tony rocks!!! 8)
Vallemieke
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Vallemieke »

he did one of the most amazing livesets I have ever heard.. he rules!
cowboy Tony :mrgreen:
Music fills my heart with joy.

http://www.last.fm/user/Valderhopsasa