how come adam beyer hasn't been playing out much recently?

conflict
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

how come adam beyer hasn't been playing out much recently?

Post by conflict »

well maybe he's playing out, but there isn't any live sets of his kicking around now, there hasn't been any for ages, anyone know why?
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

According to a recent article in Groove magazine he is really busy right now doing the A&R and everything else for Drumcode, which made it back into the techno world, as well as doing international DJ gigs. So he hasn't had much time for producing.

Like to hear some new stuff of him too, but he has lots of other great artists on Drumcode. I'd say the label is worth the effort.
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I find it interesting that you're into the new incarnation of Drumcode. You're pretty picky so its kind of surprising. Anyway, Adam had said in some interviews that he is just a bit tired from playing too much so he takes less gigs at the end of the year and takes January off. I think he did this last year too. It's quite common for a lot of the DJs to take January of February off. Then they return with beards in Miami at WMC. ;)

Next to some of the Minus crew, I can't think of a techno DJ that plays as many dates as Beyer does. He plays 2-3 times a week minimum, every week!
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Vito »

hes one of the djs ive seen play live most in my raving career ;)
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:I find it interesting that you're into the new incarnation of Drumcode. You're pretty picky so its kind of surprising.
Okay, I confess! I'm biased because all the Swedish techno guys I met so far were all super cool people! ;)

Plus, I've always been a big fan of Drumcode since I was a kid.
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

I'm seeing him on Jan 30th, unfortuneately it's at Ministry of Sound
but Robert Hood is on at Fabric the night after so it should soften the blow :)