Wolfgang Voigt - Studio 1

'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

peder wrote: there's a really interesting interview with voigt and carsten nicolai about minimalism in the last de:bug (100) for those that can read german.
unable to find it, can u translate it 4 us mate?
peder
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by peder »

'gameover' wrote:
peder wrote: there's a really interesting interview with voigt and carsten nicolai about minimalism in the last de:bug (100) for those that can read german.
unable to find it, can u translate it 4 us mate?
ah would love to but i really don't have the time or a good enough standard of german. it's about three or four pages. sorry. :oops:

there's quite an amusing bit when voigt talks about how at kompakt they joke about calling john dahlbeck "wolfgang's son" because he puts out so many records (a similar glut to voigt's prodigious output in the mid 90s).

there's an interview (translated into english) that wolfgang voigt did with de:bug back in 1999 which you can read here, where he talks alot about the gas project.
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

ok, gr8 thanx :D
peder
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by peder »

for those that are interested, there is a new (and very long) 30-page interview with Wolfgang Voigt in a magazine called mono-kultur. it also has some very nice pictures by Juergen Teller. it's auf englisch, incidentally. people in the UK can pick it up at the sounds of the universe record shop here. i wouldn't be surprised if they did mail order overseas as well.

there is also a "new" gas track on the latest pop ambient, which i can't wait to get my grubby mitts on.
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

raijin wrote:brinkmann was inspired by studio 1 for his ernst series of 12"s with female names..

classic stuff.
And those records are just :shock:
smith
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by smith »

What excellent timing. I'm working on an article on the Studio 1 releases, 10 years later.. It's going to be in the next vague terrain. I'll be sure to post the link.. This records are just as important today as when they were released. :)
peder
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by peder »

smith wrote:What excellent timing. I'm working on an article on the Studio 1 releases, 10 years later.. It's going to be in the next vague terrain. I'll be sure to post the link.. This records are just as important today as when they were released. :)
cool, look forward to reading it.
roy.alexis
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by roy.alexis »

smith wrote:What excellent timing. I'm working on an article on the Studio 1 releases, 10 years later.. It's going to be in the next vague terrain. I'll be sure to post the link.. This records are just as important today as when they were released. :)
Studio 1 stuff: definitely a minimal staple. Looking forward to reading the article as well...