Mistress DeFunk

Hayden Wright
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Mistress DeFunk

Post by Hayden Wright »

Shes been massive in the minimal/techno scene in manchester (uk) for the past few years and is starting to play a lot more gigs around europe, shes also just started producing with a good friend of mine fake dj.

any of you guys heard of her, if so whats your thoughts?
tdmusic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tdmusic »

i've seen her twice at tribal sessions, once in leeds and once in manchester. i thought she was pretty dull on both occasions to be honest, not bad just not very exciting. she did play a couple of james holden tracks though, which was nice, and she's kinda hot :)
bully_8
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bully_8 »

Not a fan. Seen her quite a few times. Very hands in the air.
danbolton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by danbolton »

ive seen her once and wasn't impressed. had a lot of energy behind the decks, and yea was pretty hot, and she seemed very comfortable behind the decks, but she pumped out one of the most standard, cliquey minimal sets ive ever heard. i can see why loads of people like her but for me it just didnt go anywhere, didnt shock or surprise me at all, was just quite boring and uninspiring. maybe i just caught her on a bad day..... :?
bully_8
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bully_8 »

danbolton wrote:ive seen her once and wasn't impressed. had a lot of energy behind the decks, and yea was pretty hot, and she seemed very comfortable behind the decks, but she pumped out one of the most standard, cliquey minimal sets ive ever heard. i can see why loads of people like her but for me it just didnt go anywhere, didnt shock or surprise me at all, was just quite boring and uninspiring. maybe i just caught her on a bad day..... :?
na she is like that all the time. Quite the looker but doesn't provide the goods

:( :(
luke78
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by luke78 »

I saw her play at a tiny afterhours party at meet next to fabric which got renamed ages ago, and as far as I am aware stopped the afterhours stuff.

I really enjoyed the set, but it was pretty much the first "minimal" dj set I think I had heard and I was probably not quite the minimal snob that I am now, but I would go and see her again just to hear what she's like.