Seth Troxler Interview

mohson_iqbal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Seth Troxler Interview

Post by mohson_iqbal »

Seth Troxler talks all and everything .....

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature-read.aspx?id=887
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

interesting read...

and i qoute: "But in the end I think the vinyl industry needs to start making music which is more person-to-person, making stuff that people feel connected to. Like making the artwork deeper or having a concept that people can connect with. "

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

Good interview but the timeline sounds kind of odd...
the interview says he's 22 and its 2008. Then it says he moved in with Lee Curtis around mid-2000 and they started basement parties because they were bored with going out. How can you be bored with going out at 14 years old? Plus, he says he started DJing at 15 when he got a crate of records from his dad. the timeline just seems kind of displaced. Any clarification?
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:Good interview but the timeline sounds kind of odd...
the interview says he's 22 and its 2008. Then it says he moved in with Lee Curtis around mid-2000 and they started basement parties because they were bored with going out. How can you be bored with going out at 14 years old? Plus, he says he started DJing at 15 when he got a crate of records from his dad. the timeline just seems kind of displaced. Any clarification?
Haha great detective work! Bored of clubbing at 14, now that’s snobbery! He must have got bored of clubbing, proceeded to invent a time machine to travel to the future to get a few oldskool records off his dad from the 80’s, travel back to tidy up his basement ready for when he was 15 to throw these parties he was talking about? Or am I thinking too deep into the matter? :D
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:Good interview but the timeline sounds kind of odd...
lol- just read through it - you're absolutely right - makes no sense -

oh well- produces great tracks none the less :)
Last edited by ec50 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
triptk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by triptk »

hahahaha
I love these kind of posts.... :lol:
beepee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by beepee »

man, thank god you guys are here to put all of this in order. i was sweating it out myself when reading the interview, thinking that seth's use of such a vague term like "early to mid 2000" to describe when he moved in with lee surely couldn't have been mistakenly heard or misconstrued by the interviewer. i mean, there's no chance seth said something like "early 2000s" and it got scrambled in the mix...yep, the only explanation would be that seth's just got to be lying to make himself sound cooler. nice job fellas, i can sleep a lot easier now and get back to the important stuff like figuring out how to make everyone on this forum think i know ableton better than they do.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

beepee wrote:man, thank god you guys are here to put all of this in order. i was sweating it out myself when reading the interview, thinking that seth's use of such a vague term like "early to mid 2000" to describe when he moved in with lee surely couldn't have been mistakenly heard or misconstrued by the interviewer. i mean, there's no chance seth said something like "early 2000s" and it got scrambled in the mix...yep, the only explanation would be that seth's just got to be lying to make himself sound cooler. nice job fellas, i can sleep a lot easier now and get back to the important stuff like figuring out how to make everyone on this forum think i know ableton better than they do.
a bit of rambling in this post, but you know whats funny? i understand what you're saying and i agree.

Obviously alot of people take their fans for fools... oh well...

:)