Todd Sines,Xtrak,Trait,Cron.

murf_mongtrax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by murf_mongtrax »

Todd Sines should be getting more respect, for his tracks are always playable, both the XTrak EP's he did for Peacefrog are now considered classics, and he's released some messed up gear on Residual Recordings, Background, Planet E and 21/22 Corporation...

Has anyone listened to his 1998 double album 'Hi8us', released on Residual Recordings (Rez 003LP), it's an excellent LP that covers various electronic styles, highly recommended!!!

I think the only 12" that's missed the mark was his 'Full Duplex EP' on Chicago's Contact label, though it's still better than what most producers of this style are knocking out today!

His and Daniel Bell's sound are timeless, as their sound comes from classic machines that most - but thankfully not all - producers have seemed to have forgotten about...
man+machine = techno

Murf
nonstatic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Todd Sines

Post by nonstatic »

silentstorm wrote:i love his stuff....

his x.trak ep with Dan Bell on Seventh City was incredible....

wish he´d still be doing stuff.
never fear, for todd is bringing back his x.trak moniker very soon! this is, if any labels are interested :) geoff white also did a remix of the 7th city multiplexor track years ago that also has not seen the light of day, though you can hear it when he plays live sometimes.
veneman
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by veneman »

About three years ago, i believe, he had an EP to be released on Perlon too, but it never appeared.

Here is his new website: http://www.scale.gs/
giligili
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by giligili »

his record on background is one of my best concerning his releases ( background002_todd sines - null). check it out !
boiled?Ye|
'gameover'
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 'gameover' »

yeah, that one fo sure.
audiophile
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiophile »

the I-NODE e.p. on Peacefrog is absolutely classic & essential....jack bleep @ its FINEST. The Relay aint bad either...
isoprax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by isoprax »

Todd rocks

I've had the pleasure of having him to my hometown for two live performances and a Dj set. If I had the dats I'd share them for sure. Things get lost over the years though.

The earlier you go back in his career the rawer (and better) his stuff is. Full on chicago influenced minimal jack tracks. Dbx didn't come close at the time I don't think.

His stuff at present isn't always my cup of tea but I know that at any time in the future he may decide to release some old jacker he has laying around. my fingers are crossed for it anyway.

I've actually been planning on doing a DBX vs Todd Sines mix since I have all their records. I'll remember to post it on mnml so you guys can check it out.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Being the electro dork I am, I found Todd through his Cron alias. I don't have much of his other stuff but I loved his Relay release on Peacefrog under his .XTrak moniker..