Chrom

Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Chrom

Post by Celltek »

Born Jerusalem, Israel in 1985. Mike started his way at a very young age by listening to diffrent kinds of musical productions, Starting with trance, house, dance and other electronic beats such as “the prodigy”.

“It all started out when I first heard house music. I was 10 years old and my brother introduced it to me. Ever since then I’ve started to develop my passion for music. I started out with an ear for deep and funky sides of house and then soon moved on to the more underground side of house and also techno. Some big influences in my musical development are the likes of St Germain, Richie Hawtin, Magda & josh wink. Also my brother was a big inspiration by giving me CDs with some of these artists music on.

I really enjoyed exploring new sounds and I always tried to play what I’m listening to on the keyboard we had in our living room. A few years later at the age of 15 I started to produce music. First I used some freeware from the internet and then when i was more into it i bought my first hardware, synthesizer which would be the foundation for my studio.

These days I still take a lot of inspiration from artists like Richie Hawtin, Ricardo Villalobos and all the Sushitech crew as well as lots of small labels that are trying to push the music and develop something new. When i was 19 I released my first 2 records with my friend Dot under the alias Mike & Dot. They were released on the Berlin based label Sub Static. At the moment I am concentrating on my work for Sushitech and Pariter under my alter ego Chrom. It’s very important for me to work with the guys that I grew up with like Dot and my friend Yossi who runs Sushitech and to try and build something with them. I’m playing some gigs in Israel, mainly underground parties in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv and planning a European tour soon.”
His release on Suchitech Purple is mindblowing.. He has more coming up on this label so definitely one to watch!
daniel lyons
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daniel lyons »

great ep on sushitech !!!!! !