no mainstream mnml artist....?anybody...

miniwax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

no mainstream mnml artist....?anybody...

Post by miniwax »

ok how shall I bring this....um...

We got our big names like:
Steve bug, Ricardo Villalobos, Mathew Jonson, Guido Schneider, Dominik Eulberg, Robag Whrume, richie, magda, marc houle, jacek sienkiewicz,
Gabriel Ananda, Jay Haze, Sammy Dee aka Pantytec, jeff samuel, michel mayer, reinhardt vogt, akufen, daniel bell, John tajada, justus kohne, Dahlback....etc

In some way or another there is a "top 40"/"charts hits" of mnml artists and their releases, if you like it or not.
On the internet, looking and searching for new records at different sites you (I) always find the same labels and the same artists.

Anybody got some real refreshing artists, labels and vinyl sites for mnml........

edit: and what's your opinion about that top 40 question..?
Last edited by miniwax on Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
* Never Mind The Bollocks *
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

yes,me...lol :oops:
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Aron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Aron »

*marvels at displayed iconoclasm*
It's nice to be minimal, but it's more minimal to be nice
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

hm

Post by pheek »

I'm not too sure about what you say there dude. Minimal is to me, already underground enough, would we really need to dig deeper than the underground?

Here in Montreal, a place that is often called the capital of minimal (I have no clue why, because of one guy named Akufen?), minimal doesn't sell that much. I have a bunch of albums that have sold less than 300 copies each. My latest probably sold like 200.... very frustrating.

it's the same thing for many people in my case, by choosing the minimal direction, you have to accept you'll remain underground. And i'm checking tendancies, and club direction, and it's not going to be any more popular in Montreal. Clubs here are going into Electro-clash or just plain house.

The guys from Mutek or myself need to get out of town to play. Risquée people play now and then, every 3 months in a little room. No need to tell you its always the same DJs playing...

Anyway... Sorry for being bitter, but minimal is already underground to me. Respect to the artists.
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

I think because of the way that mainstream music goes, people assume that the big names aren't really that good and that the true talent is somewhere underground. I don't think this works at all for minimal, though, because it's already pretty underground. The big names of minimal are there because they really are great at what they do. The great thing is, there's also a ton of talen t and fresh ideas from the unheard of people, so not only do we get great tracks from the big names, but we also get them from everyone else. This is one of the reasons netlabels are so great.
miniwax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by miniwax »

2 peek:

I totally agree.....and why you may ask yourself?
Because it's a different scene in Montreal, so I can understand why it's undergroud.
In holland it's also an underground sound but not an underground scene.
But it's getting more mainstream and accepted. That's always the thing.
House music isn't underground in the Netherlands it's big fucking business.

But everybody who is in to it always comes up with the same names, so I was wondering if there were any new.

Peek = new for me, also your artist name?

do you got a link where you can listen to your productions..?

Thanks for charing your opinion. 8)
miniwax
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by miniwax »

brianc wrote:I think because of the way that mainstream music goes, people assume that the big names aren't really that good and that the true talent is somewhere underground. I don't think this works at all for minimal, though, because it's already pretty underground. The big names of minimal are there because they really are great at what they do. The great thing is, there's also a ton of talen t and fresh ideas from the unheard of people, so not only do we get great tracks from the big names, but we also get them from everyone else. This is one of the reasons netlabels are so great.
Don't get me wrong but the big artists are great and have briljant productions. I really love the above mentiond artists, just wondering if there where some new and fresh names.
In the Netherlands it's getting pritty mainstream.
Also because it's a women friendly music.....female "techno".;)
Blip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Blip »

there is tons in a deeper underground than the guys we know. a lot of it is posted here, and thats a really good thing. just keep it mnml and you will know so much more.
clickclick-bleepy-clickclick-bleepyblip