Beatport adds Deep Tech onto Minimal

- open
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Beatport adds Deep Tech onto Minimal

Post by Hutch »

Thoughts? It seems like the bleepno garbage has been phasing out a lot more.

I personally like Deep tech stuff myself so it's a good thing and kinda wish they just separated it instead of combining because
it's 2 different things!
Pervade
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Beatport adds Deep Tech onto Minimal

Post by Pervade »

To me, "Deep Tech" just seems like two genre buzzwords thrown together with no clear meaning to what the style actually is... can you give examples?
Get busy listenin', or get busy dyin'.
WhosThatGirl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by WhosThatGirl »

Deep tech (the way I've figured it, I may be wrong) is like afterparty groovy stuff which is pretty uncomplicated and basically like a 4 bar loop on repeat. Minimal house/techno is a little bit more complicated in the way it's been produced (to my mind). I would say that East End Dubs makes deep tech, for instance! That being said, he fits in with a particular group of DJs (some Romanians) who would be associated with minimal...which is why they are confused! Deep may also refer to the use of chord progressions over a techy beat...

emelie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by emelie »

Dont get sucked into the b/s imo...
sprinkle that salt x
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I dont frequent beatport.

why wouldn't they? their company was for sale...

they diluted the market around 07...

another alt - version 6005 of..

something downtempo.
Bengi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bengi »

[quote="WhosThatGirl"That being said, he fits in with a particular group of DJs (some Romanians) who would be associated with minimal..[/quote]

can you name a few romanians?
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

Bengi wrote:[quote="WhosThatGirl"That being said, he fits in with a particular group of DJs (some Romanians) who would be associated with minimal..
can you name a few romanians?[/quote]

East end Dubs label Eastenderz just had Priku make a release. (my fav Romanian)

East End Dubs guy is gravitating towards the Romanian style, but started deep tech.

Side note:

Romanian techno's popularity is starting to grow in the states the past year and now the artists are coming more frequently.

My town (Denver has not caught on to it)

Deep tech is fun to play in between deep house stuff, but is super simplistic. Most people like to play it with 3 decks to make it interesting.

When people ask what I am into these days the answer is Deep Tech and Romanian Djs :)
Bengi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bengi »

Hutch wrote:
Bengi wrote:[quote="WhosThatGirl"That being said, he fits in with a particular group of DJs (some Romanians) who would be associated with minimal..
can you name a few romanians?
East end Dubs label Eastenderz just had Priku make a release. (my fav Romanian)

East End Dubs guy is gravitating towards the Romanian style, but started deep tech.

Side note:

Romanian techno's popularity is starting to grow in the states the past year and now the artists are coming more frequently.

My town (Denver has not caught on to it)

Deep tech is fun to play in between deep house stuff, but is super simplistic. Most people like to play it with 3 decks to make it interesting.

When people ask what I am into these days the answer is Deep Tech and Romanian Djs :)[/quote]

You should come to Sunwaves then :D