The concept behind - Lick My Deck

- open
Matt Jolley
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

The concept behind - Lick My Deck

Post by Matt Jolley »

For anyone who already knows what a "lick" and a "deck" means in music terms, sorry. This is for the people who don't.

Original post:

https://www.facebook.com/LMD.Recordings/

After 9 years of putting out records we feel it's time to reveal the concept of our label's name:

In genres such as rock or jazz music, a lick is "a stock pattern or phrase" consisting of a short series of notes that is used in solos and melodic lines and accompaniment. Licks in rock and roll are often used through a formula, and variations technique in which variants of simple, stock ideas are blended and developed during the solo.

A lick can be a hook, if the lick meets the definition of a hook: "a musical idea", a "passage" or "phrase", that is believed to be appealing and make the song "stand out", and "catch the ear of the listener". A lick may be incorporated into a fill, which is a short passage played in the pause between phrases of a melody.

A Deck is a word used to describe a turntable, which plays the vinyl format. A Deck is a necessary piece of equipment for vinyl to be played and listened on. Lick My Deck's main and only format for releasing music on is vinyl.

So our concept is simple, every record that is released is a new Lick… for the Deck (turntable).

Not everything is what it seems :)
igotsoul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: The concept behind - Lick My Deck

Post by igotsoul »

so why they've made this logo?
handsuphandsup
Matt Jolley
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Matt Jolley »

igotsoul wrote:Image

so why they've made this logo?

cbld
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cbld »

Call it whatever you want, just continue to put on good music.