Relationship between marijuana and producing music

- open
seane
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Relationship between marijuana and producing music

Post by seane »

Hi guys,
No idea if this has been touched upon before. But i wanted to get your opinions on this. I have always been an anti drug person. Never really played a role in my lifestyle as has never made sense to me as a person. On the other hand I have a lot of friends that do enjoy smoking. Over more, i know some people enjoy smoking whilst producing music. I wanted to know if any of you feel a difference under the influence of a substance whilst making music. One friend of mine finds that he can a lot more time in his seat focusing having smoked a joint for example. Maybe it can help you be a lot more open minded, creative and willing to try different things. Look forward to your opinions
MlclmDXXX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Relationship between marijuana and producing music

Post by MlclmDXXX »

Horses for courses.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

under any influence, change in your life, ect.. thats the wonderful part about writing music is that its a reflection of your life in that moment.. staying inspired and removing certain energies from your life is more important that some "drug" you may do while you try to create. listen to yourself always.
MlclmDXXX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MlclmDXXX »

Agreed
seane
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by seane »

couldn't agree more thanks
hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hairblz »

John Clees wrote:under any influence, change in your life, ect.. thats the wonderful part about writing music is that its a reflection of your life in that moment.. staying inspired and removing certain energies from your life is more important that some "drug" you may do while you try to create. listen to yourself always.
What do you mean by 'removing certain energies'?

Just curious because it sounds like a task - the removal of certain energies - which you have come to recognise having done it multiple times... whereas I haven't really thought about my life, or more specifically my level of inspiration towards my productions, using those kinds of terms.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

yes that's true. it's never a one time event. I think I've done it 5-6 times now. sometimes the idea to continue to do it often escapes oneself. truly feeling your own personal rhythm with the world. taking inventory of who you allow into your life, and how they effect your well being. removing of energies was directed at a sphere and influence of the people around you and the energy of the ones close to you, but I also think it's limitless to anything that you think of. it's has as many layers as you wish and can go as deep as you like.

sometimes you have to walk away from good friendships at times. sometimes friendships are merely drug enabling relationships that are disruptive to your life flow or criminal record...haha. It could be as simple as the color of your bedroom (after 3 years later from an old gf), newly changed diet, work out regiment, making it a point for proper sleep finally, using a smug stick to remove energies from the home, ect... - I once met a woman who would smug her cat every time it went out side... -surprised flower

it's a never ending process of listening to yourself, your feelings, and processing your emotions. every year one should take inventory of who is allowed in their life. all it takes is one person that can attract all types of bad energy into your realm. I've found I gave so much of my energy away for many years. too busy doing things and not listening to ones self. your life is your own - allowing certain people into your your life can/will effect it. life has motions. when you're younger you many feel pressures of life, other people's expectations and views of you, and learning or relearning to live very simple again is also extremely important. becoming congested with the wrong energy make take years to realize the energy you've surrounded yourself with.

perhaps it taken years to get me to a place like this, but I will say in all my years of writing music I've never been more inspirited as I am right now.

:-flower
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

also if you smoke long enough you may get an imbalance. when you smoke you don't necessarily get "high" so smoking and producing while high" could be more of an "experience" when you first start smoking vs. a daily smoker years later.

it's also important to note there are only two types (indica and sativa) most grow cross strains. I favor Sativa and i'm usually almost completely productive with it. the purpose being is Sativa (productive one) is harder to grow. what takes say 12-14 weeks, grows to 8 feet or more, and yields say 1.5 oz vs. an indica that takes say 9 weeks, grows 5 feet tall, and yields 4 oz. so this is exactly why everyone cross strains.. to achieve a nice yield in the shortest amount of time.

therefore unless you actively seek out sativa chances are you'll get high indica which will commonly makes people not very productive. it's easier to grow and yields more. indica's are also commonly know to be prescribed to cancer patients for pain. some of this strong indica will make you feel like you want to live on your couch for the next two weeks. so if you just "smoke" any old thing, you can have two completely different experiences. typically I think this is how the very bias stoner stereotype was made... directed at indica honestly...

some of the medical shops here in detroit now provide you with more specific choices (not sure if that's an option where you live). I've gone there at times, but I've also been very fortune to have an amazing caregiver for years as well to also help through trial and error to learn which strains have real chemistry with your own body. having an option for both at different times for different purposes is the best ideally... I have both which is nice. one or two for night time to help me relax and several for everyday being productive...