A&H Xone 62 Problem

- open
rickwud
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

A&H Xone 62 Problem

Post by rickwud »

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone on this board may have experience with A&H mixers, and in particular the job of taking off the face plate.

Basically, half my headphone jack is now lodge in the headphone port on my A&H Xone 62. It looks as though it can be retrieved by simply taking off the face plate of the mixer. However, I'm unsure what precautions are necessary when carrying out this sort of job?

Has anyone here suffered the same and can advise me on how to best go about rectifying this problem?

Thanks in advance.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: A&H Xone 62 Problem

Post by John Clees »

cant you get some needle nose pliers and pull it out without having to take the entire plate off?
rickwud
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rickwud »

I have tried pliers but there's something in the port which restricts me from pulling it through. I suspect the same thing is the culprit of this dilemma so I'd like to fix that also. Not a single guide or post on A&H forum.. but have just come across this video which demonstrates perfectly how to take the face plate off - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aviQXi8kBF0

Perhaps someone else will find it useful in future.

Cheer.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

When I bought my drum machine, I specifically asked if something happened to it, and how would I fix it since I bought it used. He mentioned that they have authorized dealers that are local and referred. It being and A&H mixer hopefully they may have one near you? it most certainly is worth making a few calls ( perhaps start with a local music store or in my example It was a local Gutiar Center ) to gain a contact and who can give you some sound, direct, and specific over the phone advice? Good luck.
rickwud
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rickwud »

I had a look on A&H site for local independent companies who could advise, and I've now got a number for one if my attempt goes tits up.

Thanks for your time and response it's much appreciated.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Anytime. You're most welcome. Sounds like you are on the right path.

:-flower