The Beatport Sound

- open
MlclmDXXX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: The Beatport Sound

Post by MlclmDXXX »

I've just come back from Sonar Festival where I saw Seth Troxler give an epic vinyl set in which he played songs I hadn't heard anyone else play. That's about as real as I would like someone like him to be. :lol: :lol:

I hate "EDM" fwiw, assuming we're talking about people like Hardwell, Tiesto, Afrojack and Avicii.

Jamie Jones isn't EDM by any stretch of the imagination, but I also understand that he isn't Prosumer. He isn't even Troxler...

Thanks for your post...
SanderMartin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SanderMartin »

Regarding Luciano, he has booked Lutz & Binh for a B2B set in Ibiza, maybe he hasn't completely lost sight of 'the underground'
MlclmDXXX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MlclmDXXX »

mrMartin wrote:Regarding Luciano, he has booked Lutz & Binh for a B2B set in Ibiza, maybe he hasn't completely lost sight of 'the underground'
Clearly not!

Edit: On topic though, I was just browsing another DJ site (not forum) and saw this in the comments section:
david says:
July 10, 2014 at 7:36 pm
Hi, actually nothing new here; this was called chop mixing, that’s before real mixing could be done before the pitch bend was invented. It was – and still is a great technique to use once you’ve got the place rockin! Only problem with a lot of the tunes today many are so similar that its difficult see hear the end/start of a tune. On monday I saw Luciano at Amnesia.
He could have been playing the same 4 tunes for 3 hours……..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: