Turntable help?

- open
seane
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Turntable help?

Post by seane »

Hey guys,

Quick question, and it my sound a bit stupid but understand my situation. I've not long turned 18 and have been playing out for a year now. I was, like a lot of people born into a digital era. So i've always used and been around cdj's. Since I've been getting into all of this a lot more, i've naturally turned and bought more and more vinyl because the majority of the music both I and we all listen to gets released on wax. I have never been able to splash out on a set of 1200's but I managed to save up for a set of Audio Technica - Atlp120 which is a 1200 clone. The only difference being that they are +/- 10 instead of 8 on the technics. I've got two gigs coming up for June and basically I wish to play some vinyl now, I've done all my practicing and feel quite confident on what i've got, but I'm still a bit nervous about it, and it's always in the back of my mind "would I be able to do this on the real 1200's" I know they maybe a bit more responsive than what I own but I wanted to know if there is a major difference. I don't want a comparison between products I know that technics will always be the way to go. But for instance, having practiced on a Technics Clones, if I turn up to a club and try and play on technics will I feel a major difference?
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Turntable help?

Post by damnwords »

When I had the atlp120 I developed a habit of pushing the record a bit forward when I dropped the beat on cue.
With the technics you just let it go, no need to push it forward, it has enough torque to start how it should.

Other than that, you're all good.
seane
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by seane »

That's funny, I do push my records slightly forward, I can relate to that. Thanks helps a lot
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

seane
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by seane »

Just out of curiosity, what made you get rid of them then?
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

I only had one atlp120 and then I had the chance to buy technics so I went for that.