Ear plugs whilst DJing

- open
Harry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Ear plugs whilst DJing

Post by Harry »

I've had tinnitus for a few years now, and recently it has been getting noticeably louder. I've had a pair of ACS custom fit earplugs with 17db filters since the tinnitus started, but I only wear them when i'm on the dance floor. I find DJing and wearing the earplugs almost impossible, it's so much harder to really feel what you're doing and get into it. However it's Djing without my earplugs that is making my tinnitus worse.

I'm thinking of buying another set of earplugs, with 10db filters to wear whilst DJing, was just wandering if anyone else has a similar problem, or any advice?
rickwud
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Ear plugs whilst DJing

Post by rickwud »

Sorry to hear this buddy. In all the years I've known you I never knew this was an issue. Hope you find some good advice or even a remedy.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

Elacin® ER

i've been using (and losing) them for a couple years now.. i don't dj with them in general, however i tried it and it was working for me.. btw eli verveine has the same and she told me a few months ago that she regularly uses them for djing..

there are 3 types of filters available.. i'm using the ER-15.
ms500
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ms500 »

I've been in a similar situation a few years back. My ears started to deteriorate and I had no choice but to wear ear plugs out. I tried to DJ without them and just wear them when clubbing but it got to a point where I had to wear them all the time. Now I don't even think about it and it's fine. I use Elacin ER-25s and they've served me really well. If I was you mate I'd bite the bullet and just commit to DJing and clubbing with ear plugs. It's a bit crap for a while but you soon get used to it and after a while it just becomes normal. At the end of the day you're not going to be able to do it at all if it's wrecking your ears so best to keep them protected!

Feel free to drop me a message if there's anything else you want to talk about with it as I've been through no end of ear problems and would be happy to chat if it helps.
ISTILLFEELIT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ISTILLFEELIT »

good article about ear protection with Erol Alkan, Paula Temple and more...

http://www.thefader.com/2015/06/24/this ... loud-shows
MlclmDXXX
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MlclmDXXX »

Best of luck buddy