pioneer dj kuvo

- open
pure_evil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: pioneer dj kuvo

Post by pure_evil »

blizt wrote:Wait... Did they said that as DJs they write down the track list at the end of their sets to pay taxes or something? I don't know if I got that right... Anyway every time I hear Richie talks in this videos I know he's trying to sell me a big pile of poo.

Overpriced rca and usb cables because they make the sound field "wider", the bass "deeper" and more "precise". Sure. I mean seriously, 60 euros for a couple of rca cables, really? Carl Craig fell into that $$trap$$ too. Didn't saw that coming
This made me lol. Sadly its true.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

John Clees wrote:of course not, and when you say "they" are you referring to the video you posted w/ rich? I don't need "phat" rca cables. I play vinyl. :-flower
I was referring to that oyaide cable brand that is friends with richie. But it doesn't really matter, it's just that I can't stand Richie and all his blablabla anymore. :lol:
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i mean clearly this seems like a totally improvised promo, on a event he met his friend, maybe he asked "hey richtie whats up, maybe you could somewhere throw in the company name of my cables"

and richie was like: hey yeah of course take your iphone lets just make a quick video.

thats how this looks to me, nice gesture from richie probably thought he could help his friend here.

funnily enough if you listen to this objectively, then of course its mostly bullshit.
of course its important to not have the cheapest cinch cables with you when you tour with equipment - but then he goes on about USB Cable, cables that get you a faster connection and better sound ..

i mean its digital, USB just works or it doesn't work, there is no slow USB cable, and not one that sounds good and some that doesnt sound good, its not analog, its digital and it has error correction build in, so it even works when you have electro magnetic interference until of course there is a limit reached.

its like with digital satellite, it works or the screen is black, there is nothing in between like 20 years ago with analog antenna where you got some noise in the picture suddenly.

but i am sure it was just meant as a nice gesture from richie, just promoting the euqip from his friends - so you dont have to be too critical about what he said.
pure_evil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pure_evil »

Themis wrote:i mean clearly this seems like a totally improvised promo, on a event he met his friend, maybe he asked "hey richtie whats up, maybe you could somewhere throw in the company name of my cables"

and richie was like: hey yeah of course take your iphone lets just make a quick video.

thats how this looks to me, nice gesture from richie probably thought he could help his friend here.

funnily enough if you listen to this objectively, then of course its mostly bullshit.
of course its important to not have the cheapest cinch cables with you when you tour with equipment - but then he goes on about USB Cable, cables that get you a faster connection and better sound ..

i mean its digital, USB just works or it doesn't work, there is no slow USB cable, and not one that sounds good and some that doesnt sound good, its not analog, its digital and it has error correction build in, so it even works when you have electro magnetic interference until of course there is a limit reached.

its like with digital satellite, it works or the screen is black, there is nothing in between like 20 years ago with analog antenna where you got some noise in the picture suddenly.

but i am sure it was just meant as a nice gesture from richie, just promoting the euqip from his friends - so you dont have to be too critical about what he said.
Soo basically you are saying that he is bullshitting us but we should cut him slack because he is doing it as a favour to a friend?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

^....Haha..
Themis wrote: i mean its digital, USB just works or it doesn't work, there is no slow USB cable,.
How do you figure? Thats not true at all.

There is the old tradition USB from ages ago, and since then there is USB 2, which is "at least" twice as fast, that is on all newer external hard drives and computers. Plus now the brand new 2013/14 computers they have USB 3, which is so different, Im not even sure the old traditional USB cords even work.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

it is true john

you talk about the protocoll, the chip who transferes the data, which is build into the devices, thats whats mainly changed to reflect faster harddrives, faster processors, so the USB Chip in the device can know transfer data also faster.

the chip operates with a protocoll which is hardwritten into the chip, you know it as USB 1-2 and 3

it has nothing to do with the cable.

the cable standard was the same for usb 1 and 2.

for the new usb 3 - there is a new standard how the cable should be made to support the electrical and speed requirements.

but its a standard, you cant sell a USB-Cable thats not manifactured after this standard. so every USB-Cable will exactly do the same. you cant make it faster.
you can make the cable more durable, but not the transfer faster.

ok i give you one thing, there is the possibility that someone buys a new device and trys to use it with old usb cables. but that wouldnt make it right to advertise your cables that you sell as "faster", cause in an advert the comparison is always to other competitors, and there is no one anymore who manufactures cables after the old usb2 standard, cause no shop would buy them.

so conclusio, when you go into a electronic shop and buy a usb cable, its always a cable after the newest standard thats available and these are all the same, there are no faster cables.

cause the cable doesnt determine how fast the transfer is, its the USB Chip in the device. And that follows the USB 3 Standard, if its a new chip, and it caps transfer at xx Mbit. and thats also what all cables support.

though all that has no impact on musical and dj equipment, cause there is practically no data transfer, for what is usb used? for putting out sound from traktor? or putting sound into the computer from some hardware device? thats nothing, you could and everyone does this since usb1.

EDIT: im not saying you cant build and sell more durable cables, obviously you can, and thats probably what that guy does.
also for analog cables where the signal can be corrupted through electromagnetical interference, you can build better isolation, theoretically the more isolation the better. practically there is a limit where it makes sense. cause when the signal in the cable can withstand the electromagnetic radiation of a nuclear bomb it doesnt really matter cause the rest of your equipment cant.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

pure_evil wrote: Soo basically you are saying that he is bullshitting us but we should cut him slack because he is doing it as a favour to a friend?
haha and cause i think its not made for money, thats not a commercial in the traditional sense.
its like when you overdo it with a promotion for a friend for example saying on a radio show: when you going to hear my man, his vinyls sound double as good as anything else out there.

no one is going to come to you and tell you, eeem technically thats not correct, you are lying.

maybe its a problem cause its about cables, and some people might actually believe they get a faster connection with his usb cables .. cause its not so obvious like vinyls sounding double as good as anything else
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I would never take "that" advertising has authentic by any means let a lone believe what was actually being said.. I was just taking what you said, and making a point about USB being faster for speed, not "quality" of sound. it's pretty obvious as you mentioned initially it was a camera phone ad jack.