mnml admn
mnml admn

soundcloud to add spam ads...

Post by John Clees »

received the following email......
No real surprise i must say.
Copycat youtube now?

Hey John

Big news to share today: I am proud to announce the launch of On SoundCloud, our new creator partner program. On SoundCloud lays the foundation for creators to make money from their work on the platform.
As artists ourselves, Eric and I started SoundCloud with a simple vision. We wanted to develop tools for creators, help them reach fans all over the world, and shape a way we could pay the creators who fuel the growth of SoundCloud.
We’re laying this foundation by initially inviting a small group of creators to become Premier partners in the On SoundCloud program, enabling them to make money on the platform. Over time we will roll this out across the creator community.
To make this possible, we’re introducing advertising from select brand partners to SoundCloud. When someone sees or hears an ad, they’re supporting an artist. We will include ads gradually and bring on more advertisers as we grow On SoundCloud.
Everybody at SoundCloud is really excited about bringing this creator program to you. We often hear people say, ‘I’m on SoundCloud’. Now we’re happy to be able to offer even more for the millions of creators who have made it the best place in the world to share and discover music & audio.
Alex Ljung
Founder and CEO of SoundCloud

more whoring out to corporate..
:?
Eragon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: soundcloud to add spam ads...

Post by Eragon »

got it too a few days ago. it's really stupid, considering that they have paid accounts. goodbye soundcloud, welcome greedycloud -frown 2
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: soundcloud to add spam ads...

Post by John Clees »

Eragon wrote:got it too a few days ago. it's really stupid, considering that they have paid accounts. goodbye soundcloud, welcome greedycloud -frown 2
that's a really good point .... "they have paid accounts"....

so they made a bunch of money - now they get paid by sponsors, pay the artist a fraction...

and make even more : next level greed --