Onur Ozer refused Visa?

- open
whisper12
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Onur Ozer refused Visa?

Post by whisper12 »

Yer what say sounds more realistic - he is on a no fly list but if he tries there is a good chance of him getting through. He won't be playing in UK for rest of year, hopefully trying to resolve this issue. In response to promoters wanting him that bad - yes most definitely, his skills and track selection are out of this world in my eyes and he is consistent with his sets. Seen him at least 6 times, each one gets better and better. I have a bit of a soft spot for him as I got into the techy stuff via seeing him.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

any of your favorite sets of his online you feel like posting?
whisper12
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by whisper12 »

Yer I have posted two already, I have had some help with them with a couple ID's......but not the real bangers in the mix :-) Are you into his stuff? mixes that is, productions are alright in my eyes, nothing special.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

haven't heard too many mixes that were good quality that I could actually enjoy ... I have an old vinyl release on vakant of his ..
not really been on my radar...so I was asking ...
igotsoul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by igotsoul »

whisper12 wrote:Yer except, Onur isn't applying for citizenship, but a working visa that won't last longer than a day. Weird every other artist has no problem, Romanians etc in getting one and being accepted but Onur always seems to be denied on a regular basis.
Romanians don't need visas for uk, they travel with their national id. And btw that sounded a bit racist.
handsuphandsup
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

yes i think also Romanians need working visas, dont mistake it for a travel visa, of course you dont need that in the EU.
most of the 10 newest members in the EU, cannot work everywhere in the EU.

also with the latest politics in the UK, its not far fetched that most working visas get denied.

so why can romanians still play? they simply dont apply for a working visa, its illegal but i guess they take the risk.

onur is probably with a very professional agency, and they just dont do bookings without work visa.
pure_evil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pure_evil »

Romanians do not need a working visa since 01.01.14. (EU)

What citizenship does Onur have ?

Maybe he has a criminal record or something dodgy ? Surely they do not deny you a visa so often for no reason.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i think he is turkish.