The State of Dance Music

- open
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

The State of Dance Music

Post by breton »

So, homies, what's your take on the state of dance music?
Do you celebrate the abundance of soundcloud house tracks that's being released on a daily basis? Or are you feeling nostalgic for the days when dance music was made for the clubs and not blogs?

Talk to me you pill-poppin' Dacia driving sad sacks.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: The State of Dance Music

Post by Papa Bear »

fck dance music. I'm listening to The Tempest by Tchaikovsky. That's the sh!t, bratija!
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

breton wrote: for the days when dance music was made for the clubs and not blogs?

clever post mate. I clicked on quote ...and was like WHAT..... I think that is a magical sentence completely..
- MUSIC FOR CLUBS NOT BLOGS.... sad but true.. listening to some secret heady tracks in your post.. and it's pure bliss..
it's truly the stuff that calms my soul..not enough in circulation.

the more and more sh!t music the is pushed forward the more and more tracks like those stand alone.
further and further by themselves. completely separated from the utter watered down sh!t music
that is filling up the main stream, sound cloud, and beatport..

heady / funky / hooked out tracks for ever and ever..

p.s. damn those first 2 tracks are sicko : thank you :!:
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

things go in cycles. for me there are patterns... none that I've seen since about 05-06 (flux of great music from everywhere) : unity and community. perhaps I was just stoned, unproductive, and ate a lot of paper that year.. but... where I"ve seen music FREE. I hope another version will be in circulation this year. FREE ARTISTIC music...

we've had our watered down cookie cutter cycle... it's been going on 3-4 years now, so I hope it's had it's cycle.. and the free heady goodness will return.. god do I crave it.. it's driven me ..more than ever back into the studio.. so in the end I suppose everything has it's purpose.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

hm ha didnt notice the links the first time i read the post

john i think he meant the tracks he posted are not for the club.

i would agree, there is so much coming out, which is definitly not bad, but i never would play it in a club setting.
for me these tracks are really for home listening, slow and deep.

there was not a single day in my life where i would want to listen to that stuff in a club.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Didn't notice those links either.

I actually kinda like that Isherwood track. I'd definitely dance to it in the club. Slow Life is alright, i only bought that record cos of Late Dawn track. It reminds me of Stablo 9999. Everything else is sh!t though, i agree.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

no one said they are sh!t ..

its just not really clubmusic
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Themis wrote:no one said they are sh!t ..

its just not really clubmusic
Not sh!t? Honestly? What, not even Pluie Noir? Themis, swear on everything that's dear to you that you don't think Pluie Noir is sh!t.