Juno

- open
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Juno

Post by simonb »

Themis wrote:hm recently i thought they are pretty good Oo compared to for example deeejay.de

to be honest, i think the labels supply the samples.
I always assumed Juno ripped them as each shop has different samples. Go to Chemical and Beatport and listen to the same track and the length, quality, etc is different in each.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

I don't mind the quality, the length is what pisses me off. It seems that only Kompakt and Chemical realize what century we live in.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i dont see how a shop would rip his own samples

maybe if the shop is small, and they get like 10 releases a day, but even than its a work which is not beeing paid and often not even relevant to sales.

also the distribution companys are the first who get the samples and i dont think they rip them themself too.

but i noticed how different shops have different parts of the track as sample

and some even the whole track.

its logic that kompakt has full tracks of their own tracks.
how chemical does it i dont know, maybe the really rip them.

maybe someone who actually has a clue can tell us.

i dont think it would be viable for juno who get a hundread new releases a day to rip all the vinyls themself.
alone the ripping would cost a full time employee.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

Themis wrote: i dont think it would be viable for juno who get a hundread new releases a day to rip all the vinyls themself.
haha exactly...and labels will not send the full tracks to the online shops. its pretty crazy chemical actually rips all their vinyls...they must have one or two guys doing this every day.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

some shops record their own samples, some rely on the labels to send snippits.

juno records their own ones. most shops just have interns working for them to do this sort of work.
b-ran wrote:
Themis wrote: i dont think it would be viable for juno who get a hundread new releases a day to rip all the vinyls themself.
haha exactly...and labels will not send the full tracks to the online shops. its pretty crazy chemical actually rips all their vinyls...they must have one or two guys doing this every day.

yeah they do. my friend does it for phonica in london. all day just sat there recording all the records coming into the shop for the website.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

omfg, you learn something every day.

thats crazy, labels could distribute full tracks in low quality or snippets to the distributor and the distributor to the shop ........
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

Themis wrote:omfg, you learn something every day.

thats crazy, labels could distribute full tracks in low quality or snippets to the distributor and the distributor to the shop ........
that happens as well. decks.de/deejay.de and and other european shops use the clips labels send them.
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

ray parry wrote: yeah they do. my friend does it for phonica in london. all day just sat there recording all the records coming into the shop for the website.
That sounds tedious but also a good way to hear lots of new music. I spend so much time listening to as many new releases as possible in several genres then ripping the ones I buy, might as well get paid for it...