documentary on a dj tour

- open
dav.id
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

documentary on a dj tour

Post by dav.id »

beautiful pictures and music, original point of view if you live in Miami.
http://kvadratmovie.com
tabula rasa
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: documentary on a dj tour

Post by John Clees »

was kinda depressing - decent music through out tho... to me anyways, it really shows how being a traveling dj isn't fun and is a lot of work.. reminds me of someone being a servant - ping ponged around constantly. airplane food and little sleep. not sure I could ever do that ever... I enjoy my sleep number bed, and life at home.. I was always a producer first before djing. I never felt compelled to ever be a traveling dj. a small : several week live pa mini tour annually someday perhaps.

its certainly not easy as I think a lot of people assume..
I think it's way more taxing on someone's health..
than people may realize..
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

is there a downloadable version of this somewhere? would be fun to watch while traveling.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

while part of me understands the desire to buy every record you like and constantly build your collection...some furniture and a decent bed are a bit more important. always amazes me when i see people sleeping on the floor amongst a pile of vinyl.

R40UL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by R40UL »

cloutier wrote:is there a downloadable version of this somewhere? would be fun to watch while traveling.
So you can watch a documentary on a DJ traveling around while traveling around DJing? ;)
John Clees wrote:was kinda depressing...
Yeah I second that. You hardly ever see him in a good mood in that movie. How is it for you eric? hope you smile every once in a while ;)
I'm not sure if that'd be a lifestyle for me, but I'd like to experience it one day.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

R40UL wrote: How is it for you eric? .
:?:
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

R40UL wrote:
How is it for you eric? hope you smile every once in a while ;)
I'm not sure if that'd be a lifestyle for me, but I'd like to experience it one day.
for the most part, since i'm not spending every weekend of every month traveling, i don't mind it at all. there's times where some of the travels are a pain in the ass - long layovers in sh!t airports, multiple connections, some horrific food, etc - but as a whole i really don't have a fault with it. i quite enjoy the time alone to just decompress with my headphones and take in whats around me, as i love people watching, but it can get exhausting, especially if its a long tour.

time away from my fiancee is probably the worst, as is getting to go to all these great places and basically spending 24hrs in the city, seeing absolutely nothing but a hotel, a club, and a taxi. there's some major perks, but some major pitfalls.

ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

cloutier wrote:
R40UL wrote:
How is it for you eric? hope you smile every once in a while ;)
for the most part, since i'm not spending every weekend of every month traveling, i don't mind it at all. there's times where some of the travels are a pain in the ass - long layovers in sh!t airports, multiple connections, some horrific food, etc - but as a whole i really don't have a fault with it. i quite enjoy the time alone to just decompress with my headphones and take in whats around me, as i love people watching, but it can get exhausting, especially if its a long tour.

time away from my fiancee is probably the worst, as is getting to go to all these great places and basically spending 24hrs in the city, seeing absolutely nothing but a hotel, a club, and a taxi. there's some major perks, but some major pitfalls.
its still a hell of a lot easier then working 50hrs a week isnt it? i have enough dj friends that moan about the travelling/hotels etc.. but i never had a problem with all that. my gf has to go out to work for the nhs 5 days a week working her ass off and all i have to do is jump on a plane and play some records. fine you might get a bit tired, but its still much easier then working for a dickhead boss doing a job you hate. i love all the time on my own as well as i can just read a book, play games on my phone or listen to music.