Juno sent me a generic cover instead of the original

- open
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Juno sent me a generic cover instead of the original

Post by blizt »

Is that normal? Juno just sent me a generic black one. What is the deal here?

I'm guessing it has to do with the fact the record sold out, but some copies appeared on juno some weeks ago. Weird. I think I'm going to email them because I find this unnaceptable to be honest.
LSTL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Juno sent me a generic cover instead of the original

Post by LSTL »

For sure it's not normal, but imho calling it unacceptable is a bit too much. Do you play sleeves?
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

I once got a vinyl without any sleeve whatsoever, not even an inner one. Just a bare vinyl. I didn't get it from juno of course, but nevertheless. It was a bit weird, but i was fine with it. I don't really give a crap as long as i get my vinyl and as long as it's playable.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

@blizt Maybe you bought a repress or something. Sometimes represses come in generic sleeves.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

Papa Bear wrote:I once got a vinyl without any sleeve whatsoever, not even an inner one. Just a bare vinyl. I didn't get it from juno of course, but nevertheless. It was a bit weird, but i was fine with it. I don't really give a crap as long as i get my vinyl and as long as it's playable.
bare vinyl?? bare vinyl in just paper or plastic?

in that case it is unnaceptable. you bought a mint / near mint record, after that its is only VG/VG+.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Didn't thought about it breton, but I checked it and as far as I'm concerned it's not a repress.
Mick
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mick »

I'd be annoyed as well if I knew if the release had a proper sleeve with artwork and then it came in a plain one. Just e-mail them and ask if they can exchange it or send you the original sleeve and see what they say. They are sound guys that work there! :)
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

dirddey_iddler wrote:
Papa Bear wrote:I once got a vinyl without any sleeve whatsoever, not even an inner one. Just a bare vinyl. I didn't get it from juno of course, but nevertheless. It was a bit weird, but i was fine with it. I don't really give a crap as long as i get my vinyl and as long as it's playable.
bare vinyl?? bare vinyl in just paper or plastic?

in that case it is unnaceptable. you bought a mint / near mint record, after that its is only VG/VG+.
No. As in, bare vinyl inside a parcel without any sort of sleeve whatsoever. But i got it from a random seller on Discogs, not from an online record store. I was a bit surprised of course, but didn't really care to be honest. The vinyl plays well, and that's all that matters i think.

Speaking of Juno though, this morning i did coincidentally get a crappy sleeve for the first time ever. It was an inner sleeve with a massive tear running through it. But then again, it's an old record from the 90's (which for some reason was in stock there :? ), so i guess there really isn't much to complain about.