I'm Upset! KNOWONE 013 (WHITE MARBLED VINYL)

- open
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

I'm Upset! KNOWONE 013 (WHITE MARBLED VINYL)

Post by sipage »

I bought this very recently:

KNOWONE 013 (WHITE MARBLED VINYL)
http://www.decks.de/index.php?decks=6d2 ... 6d&ssl=off

I was so unsatisfied that I had to come on here and see if anyone else felt the same way.

I placed the record on the turntable looking forward to some great deep dubby techno and the beginning of the record is some sort of train wreck that I've paid about Euro 13 for. The record actually starts by fading into the track running at full arrangement, no intro no build up just a lazy fade in to the track at it's peak and then it just chugs along and fads out. The actual track itself is OK. but I just couldn't get my head around it. Why no intro? Why no build up? Why would you ever produce a track on the 12" format and start it in this manner, there is very little possibilty that I will ever play this record in an actual set now.

Has anyone heard / bought this record that I speaking of and had this nasty surprise too?

Basically, if my writing above wasn't very clear, to describe how this record "begins" you would obtain the same effect if you placed ANY record on the platter right in the middle and then brought the fader up.

Does anyone know what someone would do this? I'm genuinely curious.
Last edited by sipage on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: I'm Upset! KNOWONE 013 (WHITE MARBLED VINYL)

Post by Papa Bear »

How old are you, 5? Lots of tracks start that way (slowly fading in, no intro). Why does that even matter? When you're mixing a track in, you don't always start playing it from the very beginning anyway. Stop complaining like a little bitch. Don't like the record? Sell it on Discogs then. Easy.
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sipage »

I bet you feel really big and strong and tuff don't you. . .

And no, lots of tracks don't start like this. I own lots of vinyl and I dont have any tracks that start like this at all. I don't think you actually undertand how the record starts so I'll forgive you. Also I believe from your response that you are not very good at mixing and don't grasp the basics of a well put together DJ mix so I'll let your impertinence slide.

P.S I'm not 5 . . . I'm 5 and 3/4 so nah, nah, nah nah nah.

xxx
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Papa Bear wrote:Stop complaining like a little bitch.
I concur.

sipage, i take it you're into deep dubby techno... What's your take on Maurizio? I mean all Maurizio tracks just start running at full arrangement, no intro no build up and then they just chug along...
Or is it the fade-ins that you have a problem with? Maybe you're just not very good at mixing?
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sipage »

breton wrote:
Papa Bear wrote:Stop complaining like a little bitch.
I concur.

sipage, i take it you're into deep dubby techno... What's your take on Maurizio? I mean all Maurizio tracks just start running at full arrangement, no intro no build up and then they just chug along...
Or is it the fade-ins that you have a problem with? Maybe you're just not very good at mixing?
Hi, yes it is just the fade-ins I have an issue with, I feel it's vry lazy producing. All the M-Series tracks I have don't start with the track running with the full arrangement and simply fade-in.

Some of the M-Series that I have do start with the full arrangement but I don't recall them simply fading in. Tracks with the full arrangement playing from the start aren't really an issue as you mix them in by using the eq's they just won't sound as nice as tracks that have been produced with the DJ in mind.

I hope that helps you out, what tracks have you got that fade in as described in my original post?

Also what's your take on it?
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

I don't have a problem with fade-ins.
sipage wrote:Tracks with the full arrangement playing from the start aren't really an issue as you mix them in by using the eq's
What stops you from doing the same with that Knowone record?
sipage wrote:tracks that have been produced with the DJ in mind
There are different kinds of djs. Some play tracks from start to finish "The Loft" style, some layer tracks, some play only certain parts... So what particular kind of DJs should a producer have in mind when he creates a track?
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sipage »

In response to your intiial suggestion, my quick reply is that the phrases of the track are all out whack when a producer starts their record in this manner, resulting in (my opinion) at best a passable mix / transition when used but a world class mix? Not really going to happen. Also this a VINLY ONLY track and I feel that your suggestion for layering and playing certain parts doesn't really sit well for this particular example and style of music, it would be daft to digitize this track as it defeats the purpose of releasing it as vinyl only. It was intended to be played as vinyl only.

Have you heard this particular record I am speaking of?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

hm interesting, i didnt really realize till now, but tracks who just fade in have a really cheap feel to it.

and also @Papa Bear

i know you are bored sitting in front of your pc refreshing mnml.nl every 2 minutes.
but please try to be a bit more friendly, even if it seems sooo dumb to you.