Turntable Weights

- open
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Turntable Weights

Post by breton »

John Clees wrote:
John Clees wrote:"I"m sure they are great for trainspotters"...
:lol: Especially the ones taking pictures of spinning records with their iPhones. Fucking hate those bastards.
Johbremat
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Johbremat »

I use them. A lot of my tunes come via mail order and I've had more than a few that are bowled...

One side plays a treat, while the other has next-to-no traction on the slipmat. Will use a weight on both sides: in the first it flattens the record so I don't wear one side of the groove more than the other, as the stylus isn't perpendicular to the record.

On the other side it just ensures it got grip.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I just recently used them at my show with Marcellus Pittman ... really enjoyed them.. worth looking into for sure.. an old friend of mine who had them said, "they make the sound richer"... it's good to have them just on principle for several reasons.. anti record skipping, perhaps maintain a specific vibration between the record and the needle with the weight giving it a consistent placement vs. bouncing around due to the dance floor or weak floors. good for improper/semi warped records, and very nice of course for trainspotters as well..

I plan to get me some in the near future for sure...
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Themis wrote:
themis : where can you get those one specifically? do you know?

found a version of them at the site my good friend was talking about. better sound frequencies for the heads and anti trainspotter fun. sounds like a marriage ment to be..

a friend of mine sent me some pictures of copper ones... that go for $427 each.. : like the crack king of vinyl weights. http://www.ttweights.com/catalog/item/6 ... 748522.htm

John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

gowans wrote:I saw Sammy Dee using these last time he DJ'd in my city and wouldn't mind hearing some opinions from users on here because I'd be interested in getting some.
I really really enjoyed playing on them the two times I used them. I played on them some time ago but I don't think there is going back once you experience playing on them. it's difficult to explain to some degree. it corrects flow of energy. it's like having perfect sound on any shitty system or needle..haha. finally something that truly supplements vinyl and helps offset the lack of communication, which often times there will be. vinyl which has been around for decades, and having an engineering approach to even further help the integrity of sound is a beautiful thing. :)
dirddey_iddler wrote:physically you change the environment of vibrations.
:!:

ok some time has pasted, and after waiting 18 months I finally took a leap..

TTClassic, Weight Style (1LB/454 Grams) Aluminum
Weight: (1LB/454 Grams)

- The Weight will add a more tightened Bass response with more pronounced mid range and highs
- Universal Fit, cleaner sound, improved dynamics and frequency response.
- Lower Distortion Levels
translating to better sound at the stylus. .
other weights (US/Canada link) options.
: http://www.ttweights.com/usainternation ... ort=normal
* other international options also available.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

John Clees wrote:
Themis wrote:
themis : where can you get those one specifically? do you know?
it looks like they have something very very similar to those for $39 each.. :-flower

http://www.ttweights.com/usainternation ... y=10943348
jsz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jsz »

Turntable weights in action :)

https://vimeo.com/125987549
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

after about 7/8 more hours of playing with them I can this: there are a few really nice records I have that are sensitive to skipping during a certain part of the record. I've attempted to even adjust the entire turn table and attempted to fiddle with the vinyl in order to make it work consistently, and I never had any luck.

I can play all of those records every time without issues with these. on top of everything already discussed, I can say for me personally, I feel this is just an natural extension of what the turntable always should have had or was always missing ... until now. [no way back] : which is why I went with a little more expensive ones knowing my feelings even before getting them wouldn't really change.

re: company the links I posted above : very professional company. very happy with the product, and would definitely recommended and would buy from again.

:-flower