i tried to but failed..
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: ritchie "steve aoki" hawtin

Post by John Clees »

Fist-pumping with one skinny arm and waving an iPad with the other,
hahaha
I’m certainly not an expert in this field, but I’m not convinced that technology has improved his sound.
but the tracks he plays are now so totally deconstructed by looping and multiple effects that it’s back to square one – the tracks sound different, but not any better or more interesting.
lol. richie has never been known to mix records smoothly, and so leaning towards technology would be a natural step to help add balance in his performances.
So Ibiza is kind of like Las Vegas, but for DJs. And meanwhile, in Vegas, Hawtin’s buddy Deadmau5 is getting $400k a night for a two year residency
sure things have changed, times had changed, money changes people... however it's about time electronic dj's and producers get paid what non-sense rappers and other non talented r & b singers or other performers make.. as much as of a terrible thing it is.. its paves the way for other ppl to make a career doing music, and just because someone did something years ago, doesn't mean they have it inside to keep redoing the same thing.

new artist can and will come to the forefront with their own interpretations.. expecting someone to keeping shocking the world is an impossible task that will never happen. it was a synergy of community, timing, and the people that created it before.. and it will take that again to happen. perhaps it's just his time to do this on a more profitable scale and just have fun .....which sounds and seems like exactly what he's doing..
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

John Clees wrote:sure things have changed, times had changed, money changes people... however it's about time electronic dj's and producers get paid what non-sense rappers and other non talented r & b singers or other performers make.. as much as of a terrible thing it is.. its paves the way for other ppl to make a career doing music, and just because someone did something years ago, doesn't mean they have it inside to keep redoing the same thing.
John, if DJ's and EDM producers start getting paid as much money as pop musicians and famous rappers do, then guys like us, who are always grumpy about something, won't be able to come here and complain about one of their favourite DJ's selling out. Are you ready for that?
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

I wan't $400K for a gig -frown 2
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

Robot Criminal wrote:I wan't $400K for a gig -frown 2
just this one time, after that you'll be fine
bleupulp
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bleupulp »

with 400k i stop working for the rest of my life..
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Papa Bear wrote:won't be able to come here and complain about one of their favourite DJ's selling out. Are you ready for that?
Im sure a new shift will come along with it.. perhaps we will start listening to rap again out of pure boredom. ha

I'd hate to view myself as always grumpy about something.... as of late, I'm spending more time creating vs. monitoring what other people are doing... so I guess if it makes them happy, or perhaps it may take someone to go to the extreme deep end, to then stop and come back to where his roots where and then start in the spirit of creating something new once again.. then everything has it's process..

p.s. you ever get that server log in going? I was curious to hear some of those lost sets on the hard drive..

:-flower