I fucking hate hipsters

- open
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: I fcking hate hipsters

Post by Dal-Tech »

Papa Bear wrote:
Dal-Tech wrote:I like hipsters for the following reasons.

Hipsters are ambitious. You don't see them as security guards or working at a fast food restaurant nor do you see them in the ghetto.

Looks are important so they put effort into their appearance.

Hipsters are hip, cool people. Everyone can not be hip or cool. That's why there are hipsters.
Of course you don't see them working at a fast food restaurant. They are all either unemployed or serving coffee at Starbucks.
In NYC they live in Williamsburg which is pretty gentrified. I always assumed their type of work was tech or creative based. There are also bohos.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Dal-Tech wrote:I like hipsters for the following reasons.

Hipsters are ambitious. You don't see them as security guards or working at a fast food restaurant nor do you see them in the ghetto.

Looks are important so they put effort into their appearance.

Hipsters are hip, cool people. Everyone can not be hip or cool. That's why there are hipsters.
A lot of the areas they live in are places that were considered pretty "ghetto" while artists moved in for the cheap rents then gentrification started to kick in, although the extent varies. For example Hackney is full of hipsters but I wouldn't go as far as to call it fully gentrified, apart from more yuppie flats being built and some fancy cafes etc most of it once you get past Shoreditch still feels like a working-class area with some quite ghetto-feeling areas (and of course some nice streets too)

I agree with the ambitious/creative aspect - at least a lot of the "true" hipsters are trying to make careers from their passions, and a lot are self-employed or in non-traditional career routes, which is something I've got respect for.
Vic Mella
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Vic Mella »

Papa Bear wrote:Ok, can someone please explain this bullshit to me? Why are more and more people starting to wear sennheisers hd25-1 II in public places? I sh!t you not, everywhere i go, be it a library, gym, or just on the street half of all the people i see are wearing those. It's like i'm surrounded by superstar fcking DJ's all of a sudden. Why don't they just stick with their shitty Beats by Dr. Gay? fcking hipsters with their shitty victorian moustaches, oversized glasses and smug faces that are just begging to be punched. I hate them with all my heart.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sipage
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sipage »

Themis wrote:the funny thing is, hd25 sound like sh!t, whenever i see someone with them listening to music, i know he dont know sh!t about sound quality

why you would use DJ headphones to listen to music is beyond me, for sennheiser, sound quality on a DJ Headphone is priority number 57 or something like that.
I don't get that?

They've been near enough the industry standard since I started spinning tunes and they still apear to be. I've had mine since I was aronud 18-20 I am now 35. I've replaced the cable only once and only recently had to replace the drivers.

There's a reason why they are so popular.

interestingly I'd like to hear what you suggest as a better alternative, I'd like ot check them out and compare.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

sipage wrote:
Themis wrote:the funny thing is, hd25 sound like sh!t, whenever i see someone with them listening to music, i know he dont know sh!t about sound quality

why you would use DJ headphones to listen to music is beyond me, for sennheiser, sound quality on a DJ Headphone is priority number 57 or something like that.
I don't get that?

They've been near enough the industry standard since I started spinning tunes and they still apear to be. I've had mine since I was aronud 18-20 I am now 35. I've replaced the cable only once and only recently had to replace the drivers.

interestingly I'd like to hear what you suggest as a better alternative, I'd like ot check them out and compare.
He just meant that they aren't exactly for audiophiles. As DJ headphones they are the best of course.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

sipage wrote:

I don't get that?

for listening to music?? senni's bass is ridiculously overemphasized plus they are really inconvenient.... in terms of listening to music on headphones i personally prefer opened or half opened ones.. beyerdynamics are imo decent considering price/value...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

they are as you say the industry standard for DJing !

if you buy one for listening to music at home, i would say any hifi category headphone in the prize range around 200 is miles better.

there is a reason why all the headphone companys differ between hifi and DJ headphones.
there are simply different requirements.

dj headphones have to be
  • - very loud
    - should reproduce a strong kick
    - closed
    - ultra durable
nobody cares for good sounding.

which does not mean you cant use them - of course they are a lot better than your regular apple i pod inear plugs.

EDIT: why did you create a new account? you already have one "spage".
danbolton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by danbolton »

Surprised no-ones mentioned the shufflers yet. They definitely need to go on the list. Last couple of times ive been to fabric there were plagues of them (-)