vinyl cleaner!

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: vinyl cleaner!

Post by John Clees »

I've seen that, it seems practical but never tried it.

any specific type you used? whats the process? - leave it on there for how long and/or until it dries, then simply peel off I assume?

been meaning to take a leap with a few records with the wood glue attempt..
rickwud
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rickwud »

I just used my local hardware store wood glue, it was on offer and I had quite a few records lined up.

Anyway, from experience there's probably a few things I could advise;

1. Apply an ample amount of glue on the record - this makes it easier when you're spreading the glue across the record surface to even the concentration. It also helps avoid the material you're using touch the vinyl

2. Clean one whole side of a record as opposed to single tracks - the reason being is its far less complicated peeling the glue off as one big large sheet. Additionally, you don't have to fiddle around being as negligent getting the peel started if its on the silent beginning section or a run-out groove

3. Leave to dry as long as necessary - there's a number of videos tutorials and lots of online advice about the length of time to leave the glue on there. However, this will all be dependent on point one I made. For this reason I suggest you leave it as long as it takes to dry and do not peel according to a certain time limit. Luckily it's very visible when the glue has dried and you don't have to be an adhesive expert. I will add that I generally leave it 24hrs minimum.

Let me know if you give it a go... I'd be interested to hear others experiences and tips.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!
Its appreciated!
igotsoul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by igotsoul »

15% pure alcohol 15% washing liquid and 70% water in a spraying bottle. spray the record, wipe it with a piece of soft cloth and leave it to dry a little. <- This technique it's for those super dirty records, otherwise use your t-shirt.
handsuphandsup
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

ok this is my next venture into implementing something I haven't done before... bumping this post to remind me..

- wood glue is now on my list of things to get next...
Vipp
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Vipp »

igotsoul wrote:15% pure alcohol 15% washing liquid and 70% water in a spraying bottle. spray the record, wipe it with a piece of soft cloth and leave it to dry a little. <- This technique it's for those super dirty records, otherwise use your t-shirt.
Loved the tshirt thing