Hawtin vs Deadmau5

- open
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Hawtin vs Deadmau5

Post by dirddey_iddler »

:lol:

2000 -2003 Hawtin was brilliant!!! Closer to the Edits was a good Point to start with a special kind of minimal music. Bluetrain, Memory Foundation, Villalobos, Dimbiman, all Guys there.

His Sets from this time are very good and outstanding. So sad that these Richie is gone.

Fans how only know the power "digi dee" sound, dont know the mentioned richie above. Otherwise they may think the same like us.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I haven't been on this forum for awhile and wow, so much animosity in this thread. It is almost unreal. And I thought I was a harbinger of negativity. I guess it wasn't me after all. I used to love vinyl until I started coming on mnml.nl years ago and exposed myself to the minds of vinyl enthusiasts. Switched me off quicker then a double tap to the ticker. After reading all this whiny bitching over the years I have reached a point where I pretty much eschew vinyl on mere principal. I will not support vinyl because of the pro-vinyl people on this forum.

Let me tell you something... Richie was just trying to share some solid business advice. Those are lessons learned from someone who has been there, done it, is doing it and it making it work. If you can't handle the advice then you are better off tuning out because it is only going to upset you.

Furthermore, if Richie says “vinyl is a pain in that ass”... well it is because he knows better then most. I am not just talking the business aspect. I have only seen him on occasion and it was all before he moved to Europe, 2000 and before, but let me tell you. Just watching him beatmatch 4 turntables plus his 909 looked like so much work I was getting tired just watching him. When he says vinyl is a pain in the ass, you had better believe it. The worst part is that there was probably only a small percentage of the crowd that really understood and appreciated just how much work he was doing.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:I used to love vinyl until I started coming on mnml.nl years ago and exposed myself to the minds of vinyl enthusiasts. Switched me off quicker then a double tap to the ticker.
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:After reading all this whiny bitching over the years I have reached a point where
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:I pretty much eschew vinyl on mere principal. I will not support vinyl because of the pro-vinyl people on this forum.
Shep, that's just retarded.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:Just watching him beatmatch 4 turntables plus his 909 looked like so much work
-squint
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:Just watching him beatmatch 4 turntables plus his 909...
"Two turntables. Two turntables and a pair of quality needles. That's all you fucking need, you pathetic imbeciles." - Sven Väth, in one of his interviews.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Edited: nevermind... what I wrote before was kind of offensive...

Anyways, ya, well I will say this... I don't care for a lot of what I have heard out of that guy in recent years and that is mostly becuase I can't stand that micro sample thing that DJ's do these days. That thing where they loop it to a 1/4 beat and fck about with it. It is not good. Not good for me, for you, for them... for anybody. People shouldn't do that. It is not right.

The music should play itself and the DJ should stay out of the way.

My goodness... I just saw that picture in another thread of Richie walking down a beach front dock wearing what looked like a short black dress. Europe does strange things to guys... I am afraid of going there. I think I would rather stick to Asia or South America... I don't think a little black dress would be flattering on me... I wonder if we will see Cloutier in one of those a few years down the road... Watch out Cloutier... or Europe will get you.
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Hutch »

John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

first of all I would like to share anyone with a different option is welcomed. we are all intelligent human beings and stimulating conversation is what this forum has always been about. when someone becomes offensive and starts trying to annoy people with a motive is where and where I will step in. honestly I think in 7 years / 2 being being a moderator and an admin for the past 5.. in all those years, we've only banned like 3 people. * also it's just a temporary ban. Also to add, I personally had very close friends stop posting here due to child like antics and people like him, which is another reason that will not be tolerated.
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote: After reading all this whiny bitching over the years I have reached a point where I pretty much eschew vinyl on mere principal. I will not support vinyl because of the pro-vinyl people on this forum.
to me that's like saying you broke up with your girlfriend because she wore yellow on a tuesday. no. you broke up with her since you wanted to break up with her and used her wearing a yellow shirt as a reason to do so. all along you wanted to break ties. so to me.. I would guess you didn't want to not play vinyl any longer and have somehow choose others as an e scapegoat to be unaccountable for your own actions. you let other people you don't know, and have never met, influence how you express yourself.. :?: I think that is sad actually. :-sadflower are you that impressionable? do you always "blame" other people for your actions.. :?

playing on vinyl is an expression. in my personal opinion : it's culture. If you choose to not express yourself via vinyl then it's simply personal preference. *it's the easy thing to do. but to say people on a music forum made you not support the artist and label to the fullest by buying vinyl.. that is choice.

also ::: I specifically made a vinyl only thread in our mix section in a sense to give more niche marketing to those that choose not to play mp3's.. the extra effort to collect and play vinyl should be noticed and also just simply having fun with a concept and trying to utilize the boards options for maximum exposure to it's users.. now that I remember... some guy named Chris got all upset and "threaten" not to post here anymore... haha. all this is just completely ridiculous is in an effort to (try) to have fun and preserve vinyl based on it's culture and give more artist niche exposure.. I don't get it.. people lack balance in their own life and try to blame others for their own actions : cookie cutter. -surprised flower

I don't think your previous post was offensive and thank you for taking the time to respond to that. it's appreciated.

p.s. here is a chart to reference my comment that I removed about vinyl sales being up.

carry on.