The end is near: NI unveil Traktor DJ for iPad ............

- open
Funkhunt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: The end is near: NI unveil Traktor DJ for iPad ........

Post by Funkhunt »

I stopped pointing the finger to technology long time ago. If theres a ring fight should be djs (real ones, not the guy next door who decided to be a dj because he saw it in a soap opera episode) VS club owners (or the guys who hire dj's to play). All technology in the world cant replace taste and skills and by skills i mean the ability to make a dancefloor dance to good music like there is no tomorrow coming. Seriously if you can play music with a gadget in your dck it doesnt mean you are more likely to get gigs in clubs. If you do get them its because of the guy who hired you that is a dck himself and that is the REAL problem.

Edit: The game changer, i believe was promoter parties that garanteed full crowded club nights. The promoters garanteed a packed club but they could choose the dj's and if a kid who plays music with his iphone takes 1000 friends with him he will be playing in the parties no matter what. If before the kid couldnt play music because of the reasons we all play, now he can because it is as easy as playing tetris. The business oportunity of these parties are the reason why we see any kid playing. I've seen atrocities in local clubs that 10 years ago would result in imediate set termination and a kick in the ass.
Last edited by Funkhunt on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ao_xk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ao_xk »

Funkhunt wrote:All technology in the world cant replace taste and skills and by skills i mean the ability to make a dancefloor dance to good music like there is no tomorrow coming.
Well put!
ao_xk wrote:
cloutier wrote:has anybody actually played with this traktor ipad thing yet? a buddy of mine has it and, to quote him, "its like a video game that plays itself."
I just did. I think it's an impressive piece of software, technology-wise. It does what it intends to do outstandingly well.
Just a quick follow-up on this ––
I think the app is pretty useless. Unless you're a kid at a high school party, in which case you might impress a girl or two.
I suppose maybe it's good that you get to see the waveform as you play the track at home, so you can learn the waveform, which makes life a bit easier.
I would have rather they made a cool MIDI interface. But then again you have TouchOSC.
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by junger »

i hope soon it has a button which automatically purchases the coolest tracks from beatport and cues them up for, so you would only have to press play and let the magic happen - you could even surprise yourself with ur own dj set.
Moif
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Moif »

Ahhh it's not that bad. :lol:

I use an S2 and an X1 when I play out so it's a nice little tool for me. I use it to work out sets when I'm watching TV.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

Moif wrote:Ahhh it's not that bad. :lol:

I use an S2 and an X1 when I play out so it's a nice little tool for me. I use it to work out sets when I'm watching TV.
Moif
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Moif »

It's a special life I lead.