HELP! Bachelor Thesis Detroit Techno...

- open
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: HELP! Bachelor Thesis Detroit Techno...

Post by Dal-Tech »

dirddey_iddler wrote:
derrick may used a dx100 to death, jeff mills used a tg33, drexciya 808, a mks80, casio cz5000, shakir use only one K2000 synth/sampler today ( he dont like logic or maschine, he used sp12, several drummachines, Poly800 etc.)

Robert Hood use a typical sequencing method (use drummachines to trigger samplers and synths).
The Korg SQD-1 sequencer on early stuff.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

john clees wrote:
cloutier wrote:if you want to dig up some dirt, find thomas barnett and ask him about "strings of life" and "nude photo."
haha...

he was my old roommate actually...I'll summarize...
thomas barnett paid out of pocket to put out nude photo, and also helped write the bass line..
derrick may put out the record, continued to get large income from such record, it was licensed out..repeatedly over and over, eventually derrick took thomas barnett's name off the record completely.. thus you have a jack move nearly single handedley of the record (1 of 2 or 3) that pretty much made derrick may's career. so derrick eventually took full credit, which I'm sure he is still licensing, and started his career based on ripping someone off and stealing from an old friend of mine..
D May is talented. For example De Lite - Wild Times (Mayday Mix) is a classic.

Also it isn't like D. May was stopping Thomas Barnett from putting out hit records. I checked out a recent set by D. May and it was decent. You can't say that about a lot of the techno names these days.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

who said anything to do with stopping anyone.. the thread is about detroit techno..

typically Thomas's name is never mentioned, only derricks, and one of his main tracks that got him known, was written with someone else that he took off the credits..

derrick is talented and/or was... and/or wrote some proper music years ago..

nothing will every take away from that or no one is saying he isn't gifted..

hence the thread ..

:-flower
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

this thread needs more links to creditable sources. he's trying to write a Bachelor Thesis, he needs references.
Cali Can
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Cali Can »

tone-def wrote:this thread needs more links to creditable sources. he's trying to write a Bachelor Thesis, he needs references.
True. :)

Thank you!!