CANADIANS

- open
Essaj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Essaj »

i visited vancouver one time while i was on a trip through the states....we landed there and some friends picked us up at the airport and we had a fucking crazy time....ended up drunk and stoned sleeping in a car at some parking place with a huge jetlag :wink:
i'll try and visit some more "mnml" places next time i visit my american friends
Love is intrumental
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Canada rocks. I enjoy living here and everyday my country makes me prouder. While I have partial US heritage (my mother is a landed immigrant), I can't imagine my life as anything else other than a Canadian. Canada is way more accepting of people/culture and what have you than most countries I am aware of, but namely the US...

Canada is all about living in great cities or out in the country in rural areas. I personally hate the rural junk, but camping and junk is fun...

As for the music and artists, the Canadian government does a great job of promoting the arts and providing grants and assistance to it's residents who want to pursue artistic endeavors or put together festivals like Mutek (mutek.ca if for whatever reason you have not heard about it).

If you've never been here, There's nothing like a Canadian summer. I'd encourage you to go to the Mutek festival in May or june or whenever it is.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

all i need is money...but until i don't get a job i can only dream or wait for someone to invite me to a gig or something.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gooner »

adam wrote: If you've never been here, There's nothing like a Canadian summer. I'd encourage you to go to the Mutek festival in May or june or whenever it is.
i can vouch for that - was over last may/june - saw plastikman at mutek and did a tour round the east - montreal, toronto, quebec city and a big national park that i can't remember! :D Lots of fun.

i would seriously consider moving there if it wasn't for the harsh winter!
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

gooner wrote:
adam wrote: If you've never been here, There's nothing like a Canadian summer. I'd encourage you to go to the Mutek festival in May or june or whenever it is.
i can vouch for that - was over last may/june - saw plastikman at mutek and did a tour round the east - montreal, toronto, quebec city and a big national park that i can't remember! :D Lots of fun.

i would seriously consider moving there if it wasn't for the harsh winter!
I dislike winter and the cold. The snow sometimes looks pretty, but I get sick of it really fast. Our summers are usually very nice though.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

readin to your last post jesse i had this warm feeling in my chest...oddly enuff,i encountered a lot of canadians in the last month or so.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

plaster wrote:readin to your last post jesse i had this warm feeling in my chest...oddly enuff,i encountered a lot of canadians in the last month or so.
Interesting. Well, maybe it's a sign that you should come over here and see what we're all about :D Most of us are a warm and caring bunch of people. There are some 'bad apples', so to speak, once in a while, but we are mostly warm. It's one of the things which helps us get through the winter, hehe!
IndigoRez
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by IndigoRez »

I think that we as Canadians are indoors alot soo when its -3000 outside what else can one do? Make great music..all those laptops and rack gear keeps us warm. :wink:

-Indy-