Lil Louis Scandel on RA

- open
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Lil Louis Scandel on RA

Post by blizt »

trak660 wrote:The promoters claim to have some friends who booked him, so. how come they didn't ask them for advice or a contact to his agent? I suspect that there's more to the story.
Also, isn't the scene in Australia mostly people under the age of 25, like in the US? It seems like a gamble to pay $5000 for an old school DJ whose name the kids might have to look up on the internet when the same amount could bring 2 or 3 talented and well-known modern DJs.
Sure, but the fact is Louis kept the 11k for not performing. Sounds like a steal to me, even if he's a house legend.
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

Themis wrote:i dont know what US DJs playing for, but for 500-1000 you get in europe only very unknown DJs. maybe if they live in your town but certainly not if they have to go on a plane.
I need to start taking DJing more seriously then.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

trak660 wrote:The promoters claim to have some friends who booked him, so. how come they didn't ask them for advice or a contact to his agent? I suspect that there's more to the story.
Also, isn't the scene in Australia mostly people under the age of 25, like in the US? It seems like a gamble to pay $5000 for an old school DJ whose name the kids might have to look up on the internet when the same amount could bring 2 or 3 talented and well-known modern DJs.
Lil Louis seems like a cool name to book. I like his music but giving a person that much money unless you have a good working relationship with them or they have an oustanding professional reputation playing at a lot of events seems kind of risky. One thing I know about contracts is they are always negotiable. The initial fee or a demand may seen ridiculous but the other side is high balling to see how much they can get.
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

blizt wrote:
Sure, but the fact is Louis kept the 11k for not performing. Sounds like a steal to me, even if he's a house legend.
I once sent a Chicago house name a money order for some mix tapes but never received anything. I even called back and they were polite but were full of excuses. A person may make great music but their character may be questionable. Sometimes people make the mistake of idolizing artist and not realizing that the artist can be flawed as a person. There could be a lot of variables invloved such as the type of upbringing and the environment they grew up in or they could just be the type of person that doesn't really give a sh*t about others or they could have substance abuse problems.
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

blizt wrote:Sure, but the fact is Louis kept the 11k for not performing. Sounds like a steal to me, even if he's a house legend.
He should've at least given a partial refund.
The behavior of both parties is childish, but the electronic scene isn't exactly famous for its shortage of inexperienced promoters or prima donna DJs. :lol:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Themis wrote:i dont know what US DJs playing for, but for 500-1000 you get in europe only very unknown DJs. maybe if they live in your town but certainly not if they have to go on a plane.
haha, really?
Guess you have bad connections if you only get unknown DJ's for that amount of money...
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

not unknown .. who books really unknown DJs, but far away from a promotional caliber of lil louis ..
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

It's hard to find a talented DJ though, let alone 2 or 3. Maybe Lil Louis is a questionable character, but he is a great DJ. He played one of the best sets I've ever heard a few years ago here in Finland.