Fed Up With Beatport . . .

- open
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Fed Up With Beatport . . .

Post by spage »

Hi guys, I won't bore you with the long story and excesive details but after using Beatport for a while I'm now experiencing issues with their media player constantly and have also gotten tired of their endless amounts of rubbish they stock in the deep house / tech house / techno / minimal genres and have been looking out for other web-sites that have a quality selction primarily within these genres. I was wondering what sites you all feel are consistently coming up with a good selection of underground house?
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Fed Up With Beatport . . .

Post by breton »

It doesn't get more underground than http://hardwax.com
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

most stuff i buy at whatpeopleplay (the digi shop of wordandsound)
http://www.whatpeopleplay.com/
for me the best interface. with an account you have full preview from beginning to end. you can listen to a whole ep while making your tax statements.
if something at wpp isnt available i try junodownload.
hardwax is nice but they only got really really small selection of music digital. but it´s good.
techno made me do it
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

Cheers for those suggestions I have previously used WPP but wasn't too enthralled with their selection. I noticed that you could jump about the track in the media player, however I never noticed yo could listen to the whole track from begining to end. if you can be bothered can you drop a quick reply advising how this is done as it'd probably make me go back to the site and use them more as I hate to buy a great track and find that it has a dodgy intro that's mostly not possible to mix.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

spage wrote:Cheers for those suggestions I have previously used WPP but wasn't too enthralled with their selection. I noticed that you could jump about the track in the media player, however I never noticed yo could listen to the whole track from begining to end. if you can be bothered can you drop a quick reply advising how this is done as it'd probably make me go back to the site and use them more as I hate to buy a great track and find that it has a dodgy intro that's mostly not possible to mix.
as i said you need an account and log in. works for me that way.
techno made me do it
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

After I had written my reply I went to WPP and just checked out a track in my playlist and moved the curor back to the start of thetrack insteasd of the predetermined section and it worked. Cheers for the heads up on that.

TBH I'm a bit dissapointed in their genres, as you have to trawl through "house" of many different styles to find the deep / techy stuff I enjoy, it'd be nice if they could have refined it a bit.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

spage in all respect, finding good music was and will ever be hard work, no matter how good a shop sort their records.

i can honestly say i never ever searched new stuff only with the genre..

you check a label or artist and go on from that to new labels with new artists... thats the way i think most people do it.
spage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spage »

Hi Themis, the method you suggest is one I use very often but I love finding brand new labels and artists, however there's no point in me trawling through a number of funky house releases when they hold no interest for me as WPP lists them under house, do you know what I mean? I spend a looooong time trawling through new releases, old releases, labels, artists and most of it is music that I would consider to be rubbish, I'm simply trying to manage my time a little bit better and if I can cut a lot of sounds out that won't appeal to me for whatever reasons I'd like to be able to do that and I find that tracks being put into the correct genres is a great help.