hawtin might have finally lost it...

- open
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: hawtin might have finally lost it...

Post by breton »

a*nus.
junger
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by junger »

well there are at least a few djs that play decent music even to big crowds.... and especially as richie hawtin hes able to present pretty much everything he wants and people will believe it. So i think he just lost his intuition for the good sound somewhere in his transfer from decks to 10 * fx controller ipads and whatever kind of stuff .... i guess how many of this shite tunes he would carry around if he'd play them from 12''s and i do not want to launch a debate with this!!!!
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

roland wrote:
blizt wrote:
This is the same like the Luciano thread. They dont care anymore about the music. They completely forgot what put them in the stardom.
.............................tho he is just playing loops of really poor tech-house tracks with lots of effects.. :lol:

pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

his style is really boring for me these days. his tracklists for the de9 mixes were killer though. i have listened to a few of the singles from some of the stuff on decks effects and 909, really dark stomping techno and early dub techno. how he came to dj like this is a mystery for me...
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

i have never been into hawtin. started to see his dj sets at fabric from like 2001 and they have always bored me.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I actually really enjoyed his set a few demf's ago (2)... way more than usual..
or more often than years prior.. I'm sure as always....... it depends..
on the energy around him..
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

Body Fall - MINUS119DMP3

http://m-nus.com/#

I just checked out his latest Body Fall. Not bad, a little irritating though.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

soapz wrote:I wonder where it all went wrong for him? I know it has been spoken about before but im fascinated how he went from 2004/2005 Richie to 2012 Richie. Obv even further back but that was when i first heard him play. I can remember being overwhelmed by the quality of the tracks he was playing. There was a couple of subtle effects he would use, that psp loop thing every now and again, and also I remember his use of the filters was a lot cleverer and more precise than others I had seen before him. His mixing was quite clever back then also as he was always able to present the track to you in the best way. I remember it felt like you were being educated as you were dancing as every track held you on the dance floor. No matter how much you thought you knew he would be able to blow you away at one or more points in his set.

Maybe he went a bit mad (*) and should have ended it along time ago but already had too many gigs lined up so couldn't back out and its been a downward spiral since..

I dont 100% believe its money that would change your attitude on music. Maybe your marketing strategies.. but not your taste in music. He's the only person I've ever seen to have changed so much in music taste in so little years. He must know that this loopy, artificial tech-house, or whatever it is, is sh-t. does he?

Basically he either..

..knows its sh-t and continues to play it.. which means he has just gone for the money and doesn't care along as people
keep turning up.

..knows its sh-t but believes all "the kids" aren't clever enough to appreciate deeper music so has to keep playing the
toy-techno as he is afraid to look old and not be cool to the younger gen..

..knows its sh-t but now has to think of many more artists careers than himself before playing what he considers riskier
music.

..knows its sh-t but believes he has such a more mainstream crowd to entertain that this is his only option of what to
play now.

..doesnt know its sh-t, and therefore has lost his mind

..doesnt know its sh-t and therefore has lost his hearing slightly

..never really had an ear for music and was always dependant on somebody choosing records for him, that person quit
in 2006.

..is no longer taking drugs which was the catalyst for creativity for him.
Excellent. Thoroughly agree! I think it's a combination of a good few of those points. I mean he's hanging out with & playing the same kind of gigs as Steve Aoki these days, who I only know about from a YouTube clip of him throwing cakes into the crowd! I think he simply realises that there's not £20000 a gig in good, deep, mindblowing techno/house that is still out there if you wanna find it. And like you point out, he's got to play his artists stuff whether he likes it or not really hasn't he. It must be weird signing your mates up. They give you a a few tracks and what do you say? Don't like them. Not playing them and don't wanna release them. Or lie and say "yeah they're ace, so innovative and different, I'm gonna play them out all the time!".

All the while his credibility goes further and further down the shitter! And I think he's so far removed now he doesn't give a sh!t. I had him on a par with Mills a few years back as a techno visionary but Mills has stuck to his modus operandi on the whole. Even though he still sells some pointless bollocks these days an all! At least his musics still interesting. They've all been Svenned up and seen the money!!