r_co empties his soundcloud...

- open
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

r_co empties his soundcloud...

Post by cloutier »

http://soundcloud.com/r_co/

there has to be a reasoning behind this one...
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: r_co empties his soundcloud...

Post by roland »

oh :cry:

what could have happened? i can't think of any scenario where it's illegal to upload sets and stuff :/ hopefully the whole collection is not gone forever..
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

hm the good thing about this is, i dont get spammed anymore.

if you follow him, even unfollow wouldnt stop endless spam of sets in the "incoming" section.

he fell off earth on 27 may
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Maybe he just missed the payday.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

I went on soundcloud most of the time just to see his feed. That sucks. Must have a very good reason behind that move. Because if he just didnt have time to manage the account he could leave it as it was, no need to delete all the music.

I read an interview from him where he stated that djs, clubs, promoters where sending him stuff personally to put it on his soundcloud page so... -frown 2
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

roland wrote:oh :cry:

what could have happened? i can't think of any scenario where it's illegal to upload sets and stuff :/ hopefully the whole collection is not gone forever..
I am pretty sure that a DJ set containing even one unauthorized track is not legal. People who like DJ sets often refuse to believe this though. They think that because it is electronic music or because the person playing the music bought the music for DJing purposes it the same rules don't apply. They do. A mixed track still infringes on the rights of the copyright holder.

Thankfully these sorts of infringements are not often prosecuted but that doesn't change the fact that the law is what it is. Give it another decade, wait until the big music companies lobbying effort pay off and they get what they want. I have no doubt DJ sets will eventually get cracked down on by some surveillance and enforcement entity funded by tax payers dollars to prosecute citizens and ruin their lives for the interests of these corporations. Its only a matter of time. I believe that such an entity would be unethical... yet such an entity is the only solution is to the issue of regular citizens accessing data deemed "protected."

Why are we protecting publicly distributed data (Radio, MTV, Much Music) over the well-being of our fellow citizens? It is a ludicrous concept. The people who create this data look for every opportunity to force this crap into our ears. Media companies should be paying for the privilege to listen our opinions not dictate them. This is an insane situation.
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Anu on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:51 am, edited 7 times in total.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

(*)
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I don't mean to purposely hijack this thread but I feel that I need to say that that democratic disobedience and reprisal against the organizations which are making efforts to attack the average citizen are just. fck these people. At the top of every big music conglomerate there is a person or a group of persons making decisions and they are not making their decisions with the bests interests of the people. Their interests are guided by self-motivation and profit returns for shareholders. These structures have nothing to do with democracy. They have very little to do with the people or the general state of the economy. They represent special interests and those interests do not include the well being of average artist. They are designed to create wealth for a small group of people.

Don't get me wrong. Capitalism is one of the better options we have these days but it is not the solution. The music industry had proven this to me. These people can not be given even an inch, just look at the damages they have tried to claim when going after average citizens. An inch would be the least of what they would take. Just look to the crazy amount of money they have demanded from people they gone after legally. It is mind numbing.

There must be something better but we will not reach it while we are spending so much time focusing on trivial matters like intellectual copyright and the implications for corporate profits. We will all be dead in a hundred years.

There is a bigger picture.