Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing)

- open
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Discogs sellers that should be avoided (too high pricing

Post by damnwords »

currently I want 6 records from one of the sellers in the list, total is 55eur + 1 shipping.
the records also have versions for sale that are cheaper, but no other items from my wantlist on each seller.
so I'll save 14 euros on the record prices and pay the shipping 5-6 times. no thanks :)
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i want 8 items from qerwin total is 335 Euro
makes 42 Euro per record ..

hm i guess i can do better.
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

feeling a bit the same as Eric about this...

Way better to promote good sellers :)
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

The Chef is the one for me.

He has about 15 things I want. If he was UK I would have bought them all.

I have been burnt a few times recently with people not grading stuff properly. really fucks me off because you wait all that time and i tend to order if i want to play it at a gig coming up and then you cant. they give you a refund, and then you have to buy from someone else for more money. i got sent a record in such a bad state yesterday that it just crackles and pops all the way through and it was listed as vg+. its totally unplayable, not even for home use.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

ray parry wrote:The Chef is the one for me.

He has about 15 things I want. If he was UK I would have bought them all.

I have been burnt a few times recently with people not grading stuff properly. really fucks me off because you wait all that time and i tend to order if i want to play it at a gig coming up and then you cant. they give you a refund, and then you have to buy from someone else for more money. i got sent a record in such a bad state yesterday that it just crackles and pops all the way through and it was listed as vg+. its totally unplayable, not even for home use.
What's wrong with popping and crackling? Listen to some sets by Ricardo, Zip or RPR guys. A lot of records they play, especially the older ones, pop like crazy. No one seems to mind. Ricardo especially is notorious for not taking proper care of his vinyls. Even the new stuff he plays that just came out always crackles like it's been played every day for the past 10 years. Nevertheless his sets don't sound any worse because of it.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

man, thats just wrong on so many levels what you just said.

1. ricardo treats his records like sh!t, cause he became DJ at a time where you could get any record in perfect new condition if you want. further i would also treat my records like sh!t if i had a million euro in my bank account and i knew every producer from the last 20 years personaly.

2. only cause ricardo and zip play records that sound like sh!t cause they crackle and pop, does not mean we should do the same

3. if i pay money for a product and i dont get it in the promised quality, that just makes me very angry and believe me in that moment i dont care a bit if ricardo and zip would play it anyway. to be honest it makes me so angry that i would like to take the record and break it in half, cause there is simply no other use for it anymore.

btw, never heard ricardo play a record which pops and crackles "like crazy".

and also, wtf man you like if records pop and crackle like crazy? if i have to listen to such a record its so disturbing want to leave the room.
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

Themis wrote:man, thats just wrong on so many levels what you just said.

1. ricardo treats his records like sh!t, cause he became DJ at a time where you could get any record in perfect new condition if you want. further i would also treat my records like sh!t if i had a million euro in my bank account and i knew every producer from the last 20 years personaly.

2. only cause ricardo and zip play records that sound like sh!t cause they crackle and pop, does not mean we should do the same

3. if i pay money for a product and i dont get it in the promised quality, that just makes me very angry and believe me in that moment i dont care a bit if ricardo and zip would play it anyway. to be honest it makes me so angry that i would like to take the record and break it in half, cause there is simply no other use for it anymore.

and also, wtf man you like if records pop and crackle like crazy? if i have to listen to such a record its so disturbing want to leave the room.

"Chill man. All the superstar dj's don't care, so you shouldn't either."

Otherwise, cloutier is spot on here. It's all the fuckers that buy N copies of the new Random Artist - Random Title 12" ltd to 100 copies for €10 each, and then puts N-1 copies up for sale for €100 each one should worry about. And of course, you also have some douches that can be found in the first category as well; I assume some of those charging high prices also are among those who buy multiple copies of limited releases just to sell them for ten times the price at discogs/ebay.
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Themis wrote:
http://soundcloud.com/r_co/ricardo-villalobos-hr-xxl
Has quite a bit of crackle (or maybe its just minimal and I don't understand it :green: )
I don't know where those high pitched, screeching click sounds come from, it really is a shame because they are extremely painful, and they are so loud. It's not just one record, it's through the set.